lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #11
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 2005 Precedent advice

Precident batteries are good for 3 yrs... '07 batts are getting old already... They are pricey. The cart does sound like a good deal, especially with the rear seat... Not tryin ta bring ya down, ya just need ta know that these batteries won't last as long as the 6 or 8 volts...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2009, 06:53 AM   #12
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 Precedent advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
Precident batteries are good for 3 yrs... '07 batts are getting old already... They are pricey. The cart does sound like a good deal, especially with the rear seat... Not tryin ta bring ya down, ya just need ta know that these batteries won't last as long as the 6 or 8 volts...
YUP!! $540 later, I say I have to agree, and I hear that was a good price.
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #13
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:

According to Trojan Tech Support 6 8 volt batteries have more to draw on then 4 12 volt batteries and will last longer in most cases... but... if you follow their rules of only discharging the pack down to 50% or 48.41 volts then fully recharge them you should receive 5 or more years of use. If those carts came from a golf course then I'm sure that rule was NOT adhered to. But in my case I started with brand new T-1275’s and do adhere to the 50% rule so only time will tell. Tic-Toc
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
Rendog92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I feel that the ds is larger, and it rides a little bit better. Dont get me wrong, the Precedent is a great cart, my friend has the Champions edition, but I really dont think its better than the ds iq, by looks, maybe, but by feel and space, no
Rendog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendog92 View Post
I feel that the ds is larger, and it rides a little bit better. Dont get me wrong, the Precedent is a great cart, my friend has the Champions edition, but I really dont think its better than the ds iq, by looks, maybe, but by feel and space, no
Precedent and DS are both jam up carts... The '05 was kinda a ******* child... They got it together in '06... Latest I hear, the Precedent and DS are goin' to the 8 volts...
Old 05-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Precedent and DS are both jam up carts... The '05 was kinda a ******* child... They got it together in '06... Latest I hear, the Precedent and DS are goin' to the 8 volts...
I believe the 2004 was the ***** child, then 2005 and up were OK.

The new Precedents are all 6 8 volt batteries... so now ya tell me... LOL

By the way what is the aproximate difference in price between a single 12 volt T-1275 and a good Trojan 8 volt? Just want to do the math thing...

4 x ? = xxx and 6 x ? = xxx
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I believe the 2004 was the ***** child, then 2005 and up were OK.

The new Precedents are all 6 8 volt batteries... so now ya tell me... LOL

By the way what is the aproximate difference in price between a single 12 volt T-1275 and a good Trojan 8 volt? Just want to do the math thing...

4 x ? = xxx and 6 x ? = xxx
The 8's last a lot longer...
Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #18
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Malligood50
Take a look under the rear seat, If its the same fleet somebody was trying to sell me they were all smashed in the rear. 05 carts 07 batts and 09 seats.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
Rendog92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Somebody told me that the 12 volt trojans cost at least $200, idk if he knew what he was saying, but he has an 04 precedent.
Rendog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #20
malligood50
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone for the advice. Picked out my car this weekend, 2005 Precedent with F7 Trojan batteries, has the the factory style light, rear seat, windshield and graphics. Total price with tax $2400. Cart came from P.B Dye course in Maryland.
malligood50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car