lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
Phil H
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Hi All . 1ST post. 1985 36v club car. help please

My 81 cc would click but I had two two bad soleniods which kept me from getting any speed. The 87cc I have at home has a bad 5th solenoid and it runs fine on hard ground but when you get off in soft grass it slows down quite a bit. Like the others say, to find out for sure jack the rear off the ground, get a meter and check your voltages.
Phil H is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #12
psc33
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info.

where would i check the voltage for the solenoids? I know where they are,and what should the voltage be (36?) also How do i know which one would be bad,Thanks again
psc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #13
psc33
Not Yet Wild

bump
Old 05-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #14
psc33
Not Yet Wild

HI I checked voltage from 1st to last battery and the reading was 40.2 also jacked the back wheels of the ground and push the pedal with my hand 1st click heard but tires didnt turn, 2nd click heard and tires didnt turn 3rd click heard and tires started to turn also heard 4th and 5th click bit didnt seem to go any faster, so is the 1,2 solenoid bad and maybe the 4th and 5th? any thoughts thanks
Old 05-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #15
psc33
Not Yet Wild

So this year I bought 6 new exide gc-2 batteries, charged them overnight, now runs somewhat faster but not as fast as should be but it will now make it up a hill but at a snails pace, ive been searching the forum and other web things, Ive checked all wires and replaced any that looked bad/corrorided (all battery cables) ive been trying to read about a speed switch and not sure what that is, also looked at info on micro switches

I checked voltage from 1st to last battery and the reading was 40.2 also jacked the back wheels off the ground and pushed the pedal with my hand 1st click heard but tires didnt turn, 2nd click heard and tires didnt turn 3rd click heard and tires started to turn also heard 4th and 5th click bit didnt seem to go any faster, so is the 1,2 solenoid bad and maybe the 4th and 5th? any thoughts laso for the 5th click to be heard the pedal has to be pressed all the way to the floor is that normal? I cahnged the 3 solenoids and now it wont go for ward it will go in reverse though , i checked my wireing 10 xs and it is all fine PLEASE HELP !!! THANKS
Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #16
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you post the voltage readings for each battery 1 hour after the charger turns off?
Cables corrode on the inside too without much external signs ......
I suggest you put it back the way it was when it last ran.(solenoids and all)

Post voltage readings, as asked before.

Troubleshoot one thing at a time.

Listen to Scotty. Hope that helps.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #17
psc33
Not Yet Wild

I thought we had determined the 3 solenoids were bad, would just changing the solenoids keep it from running forward?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just changing the solenoids would NOT effect the direction.
NOW, The first solenoid (closest to the driver side) is the MASTER (no movement) it clicks first to power up the solenoids each of the other 4 solenoids is a gear (so to speak) .... replace them all at once as they are now 24 yrs old and will continue to go out one by one, what a PIA that can be.....
I think you may 2 other issues...1. the 5th solenoid may not click until the peddle is mashed to the floor for 2 reasons ...A = the throttle linkage needs adjusting....B = the microswitch activation slider is worn. Try the linkage adjustment 1st!
2. The F&R is worn or corroded contacts. Put cart in forward with a clear path in front of it and key on peddle depressed wiggle the lever or slam into gear repeatedly. No movement. solenoids clicking? Recheck your wiring per the diagrams at the top of this section. Good Luck
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #19
psc33
Not Yet Wild

thanks i will try that,also would the FNR micro switch have anything to do with it, just wierd it was running pretty good until I changed the 3 solenoids,

when I step on the pedal in forward I can barely hera the clicks when i go reverse it is very loud, Thanks again
Old 05-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by psc33 View Post
thanks i will try that,also would the FNR micro switch have anything to do with it, just wierd it was running pretty good until I changed the 3 solenoids,

when I step on the pedal in forward I can barely hera the clicks when i go reverse it is very loud, Thanks again
YOU need to get this cart on blocks. Remove the seat and sort some stuff out.

Loud clicks = solenoids.
Soft clicks = micro switches?
Download the wirng diagram for this cart!
There are two micros on the F&R one for F and ONE FOR R. One is not working? Also 5 micros in a box at the end of the gas peddle.....1 for each solenoid
Look at the disagram Okay? Otherwise this is a painfully long and frustrating process..... I hope this is helpful
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car