lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2020, 12:15 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Failed Lithium project

hiway44, I am guessing that charger was setup for a 16 LiFePO4 pack, You may want to call them and ask how to adjust the output voltage.

Until You get the PC board removed it will be hard to tell if You have a current limiting path in the pack.

PingEye3, that diagram is missing the Controller LV and HV disabling setup.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #12
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
hiway44, I am guessing that charger was setup for a 16 LiFePO4 pack, You may want to call them and ask how to adjust the output voltage.

Until You get the PC board removed it will be hard to tell if You have a current limiting path in the pack.

Yes it is, but I don't use the relay setup. However, I will add your relay setup to a single and a double pack drawing and post them for all. I use the chinese charger with the voltage set and use the BMS to control cell HV during charge. I understand why you created it and it works great. I just don't care about the LV side as much as most do. Just finished my 26th Leaf pack install last week. #27 starts soon.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

My concern is someone will use the diagram as is without realizing it is not providing LV or HV cell protection while driving or during Regen (if applicable).

I know you understand all this, but lot of users will not realize that is the case.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #14
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiway44 View Post
Hi All,
Update,
I finally got one of the two packs install and wired up using the direct connect to solenoid method. I am charging the lithium pack via the Anderson SB 50 cable. I started with 53.8 volts and ran it down to 50 volts. There is much more power with this pack then my Lead Acid batteries and less drop of amps.
I got the cart up to 5500rpm with the FSIP speed motor. I did feel a slight hesitation at times after running the cart hard. I’m not sure if that has anything to due with the cheap PC Board (busbars)?
I have included several photos of my temporary setup for now. I will be making one pack once I receive my busbars.
The charger says its defaulted for 54.8 volts, but has only charged both packs to 53.8 volts?
Also, can anyone explain the drop in amps/volt after riding for about a mile and slight hesitation. When I returned home my pack was reading 50 volts. I have included a monitor file?

Thanks
Drop in volts is due to where you started, at 53V. See graph, pack voltage drops rapidly when you reach the knee of the curve at 52-53V.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Standard 7cell Lithium pack Discharge Curve.jpg (81.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #15
hiway44
Not Yet Wild

I just got off the phone with T.Direct. My power pack needed to be adjusted and wasn't. I have it now adjusted to 58.1 volts. I was transfer twice prior to getting somebody who knew what I was talking about.

I am sure its the PC Board causing the problem with the voltage drop. I cannot wait until my busbars arrive.

Thank you all for being so kind and helpful!

Steve Jefferies
hiway44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:47 PM   #16
hiway44
Not Yet Wild

Is this normal? First full charge I was able to get it to 57.8 volts. The charger was set to 58.0 / 58.1 I have been pulling 225 to 250 amps while riding around in the yard at times.

I think the lag and lost of volts was due to the PC Board. Once I get the busbars I should have a better connection with a solid connection. I can also adjust the controller more if needed.

Thanks.
hiway44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:24 PM   #17
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Glad this is working out for you. Your cart looks great. I love reading about others experiences. I have learned a lot reading all the different ways to make improvements in our carts. Good luck with the rest of your build.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #18
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

I have no problem with my drawing. It works just fine and has been used on 25 of my 27 pack builds (2 were Zeva). Along with approx 8-10 members who have wired their own setups using the same diagram. It is the same system used, built and sold by EV Battery Center until late 2017 when Nick passed away. You seem to be slamming it because it doesn't use your reengineered BMS and relay setup and are in a panic that someone may use a diagram that has been used many times before, with the BMS as designed.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

PingEye3, I am not try to slam anything, How does the BMS stop the battery drain if a cell goes under or over voltage while driving?

You must have some other circuit not shown in that drawing for pack protection while motoring, all that drawing shows is how the BMS protects the pack while charging.

Am I missing something?
Old 07-11-2020, 02:38 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ping Eye3, You can add my pingeye3 clone to that list of success builds. Sergio, in pingeye3's build the charging circuit goes through the BMS. If the BMS detects an overvoltage it shuts down the charging circuit and the 48v's to the accessory 48-12v converter. This will remove power from the relay you add to lock out the cart. The LV, over/under temperature is tied in with the same circuit that the lock button uses on the bluetooth interface.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car