lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with my dads cart

thanks SB, I am looking through the diagram now....Dad is going into "Chat Forum overload" right now, but when he gets back from the parts store I am going to talk him through posting pics of his controller/solenoid/wiring compartment to see if we can figure this wiring out. Thanks so much for all of your help thusfar.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #12
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay, SB if I am looking at your wiring diagram the 10 amp fuse is in the 12ga, blue wiring coming from the "12 position connector for DC=DC converter or lights". Is that correct? And if so, where is the "12 position connector" located on the cart? This will be a good place for dad to start tracing this wire to the 10 amp fuse.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
malcolm crider
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the wiring digram. I have not changed nor added any thing. I put a new fuse in the red 15 amp case and as soon as i turned on the switch it blew. I will try to dig deeper and see if I can find anything. Could it be the switch itself?

Thanks again, Malcolm
malcolm crider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm crider View Post
Thanks for the wiring digram. I have not changed nor added any thing. I put a new fuse in the red 15 amp case and as soon as i turned on the switch it blew. I will try to dig deeper and see if I can find anything. Could it be the switch itself?

Thanks again, Malcolm
It could be a multiple of things. You said that when the key is turned on the fuse blows. Looking at the wiring diagram the red lead is fed to the Forward/Reverse switch as well as the OBC and 9 pin connector for controls as well as back to the Tow/Run switch. Obviously there is a direct ground somewhere so you'll have to do a search and destroy for it. You bought the cart used so maybe someone rigged a wire lead which is now making contact where it shouldn't. Remove the dash panel and see if there is something that is touching your key switch leads. Unplug the 9 pin connector and see if that keeps the fuse from blowing. Make sure your F/R switch is centered and see if the fuse blows and if not move the F/R switch to see then. When I got my cart the frame was grounded which should not be and the culprit was the turn signal assembly which has it's case grounded. Once it was clamped onto my steering column it gave my frame a ground also. Some electrical tape around the column where the clamp goes corrected it.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
malcolm crider
Not Yet Wild

here is a picture of my battery department
malcolm crider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #16
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

[attach][attach][attach]Solenoid.jpg[/attach][/attach][/attach]

Here are the pics that dad took of his battery compartment. Please let me know if this will help someone locate the 10 amp fuse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue wires to black box.jpg (72.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg full picture.jpg (46.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Red Positive.jpg (67.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #17
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
[attach][attach][attach]Attachment 14518[/attach][/attach][/attach]

Here are the pics that dad took of his battery compartment. Please let me know if this will help someone locate the 10 amp fuse.
That fuse looks like it's tucked between the right front battery and the body with 2 blue wires attached, (first attached thumbnail,) but it looks different then what I show as a fuse holder in my 2006. Hard to tell but is that a breaker instead of a fuse?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #18
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, thats what we thought also, but dad said that box is riveted shut as if it is not intended to be open. He said that box has what seems to be a "reset" button on it.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Yeah, thats what we thought also, but dad said that box is riveted shut as if it is not intended to be open. He said that box has what seems to be a "reset" button on it.
So how did your dad make out with his cart... got it running I hope?
Old 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #20
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Not yet. He was out of town yesterday and couldnt do anything with it...I think he is back on his "seek and destroy" mission today trying to use your wiring diragram to find a short.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car