lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #31
ferbm
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart Shutters under full load

Stupid question...

Is there a fuse for the OBC somewhere I should check before purchasing a new one?
ferbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #32
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Ok let me ask again can you provide entire Model / serial number here .
The reasonis that the wiring changed mid year 1996 ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #33
ferbm
Not Yet Wild

The entire serial number is:

a9542-469130.

Ive been super busy this weekend so was not able to look at the cart once..
Old 06-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #34
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question about model of your cart? What type of F&R switch do you have? Is it a lever beside your leg, or is it a toggle switch mounted on a box beside your right leg? In 1995-1996 period Club Car built several different control setups and different wiring.
In looking back on your reading on individual batterys I saw that #5 battery only showed
7.44 while the others showed higher, has the pack come up now and have you gotten new readings yet? Im betting that NUMBER FIVE battery the one in front under the driver seat is the lowest reading?? For some reason this is the FIRST BATTERY TO GO BAD? In my own case my 1996 eat up 2 batterys in # 5 position when all the rest were much better. This caused the same problem that you were having SHUTTERING.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #35
ferbm
Not Yet Wild

The F&R switch is a lever type.

All batteries are now equal and running very well when fully charged.

The current problem is that to get them to charge, I have to bypass the OBC.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #36
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like its time to bit the bullet and buy an new OBC? You have done a good job of eliminating other possible causes so GO FOR IT.
My own personal opinion is that when my charger goes I will purchase one with the automatic charge feature on it and unhook the OBC and related wiring and happily throw it in the dumpster.
THATS MY .02 WORTH?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:35 AM   #37
ttimmy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: Cart Shutters under full load

What happens if the circuit breaker still kicks out when I connect and charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
you can open the charger and take the top wire i beleive but its the real small black wire (about 2 inches long from circuit breaker to relay) off the circuit breaker and put a peice of black tape on end so it dosn,t touch anything........than take the transformer wire out of the relay its a tan wire and the relay is where the other end of the wire you just disconnected goes into.......take that tan wire and plug it into the circuit breaker where you just puled the black wire off from.........that bypasses the low voltage sensor and the cart will charge normal but won,t shut off...................charge like that for 5 to 6 hours and than redo charger back to normal and put cover back on, plug charger in and let it finish charging till charger shuts off...........after that take voltage readings from each battery and if they are still like 6.1 to 6.3 or so i would drop a new set in there and break them in right and be done with it except for battery maintence..................if you bypass L.V.S. in charger make sure that little black wire ( about 2 inches long) dosn,t touch anything thats why i tape it up...............if you don,t want to go that route you can charge each battery with an automobile charger just don,t leave it out of your sight while charging it that way........its a lot faster to bypass charger and if you have a manual they give you the step by step on how and what to do.......................good luck and be careful....................................
ttimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car