lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #21
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: Whatcha think?

One thought about your water soaked cart--make sure to flush the rear axle the second you get it home. I know you can drive the cart, but get that muck outta there anyway. Also watch the front wheel bearings as well. This is all coming from memories of threads on here about hurrican Ike casualty rebuilds from your area. Have you done a search on Ike rebuilds yet?? try it out...there were a couple really good threads going for a while
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #22
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Even worse....This was a Katrina victim.....Who knows what I'm gonna find when I start digging...for all I know Jimmy Hoffa may be in there....

I'm gonna start a thread when I get some pics and more info.....

A big whiteboard is being setup in the garage for note and such.....alot of pics...alot of ziplocks for the parts, and label em all.....

I'm sure I'm over my head, and will have a zillion questions....*L*
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #23
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Ohh crap Katrina,
so it may be salt water not just rain water.
Get out your Bill fold $$$
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #24
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdd View Post
I'll try it tomorrow at the office.... I am beat.....this "engineering/dreaming" is taking it's toll on this oldman......*evil grins*.....And I thought this cart was supposed to be for the kid....Silly me....

*wandering away mummbling*......6" lift.....22" trails....strip the paint and brush the aluminium.......15" flip downs......12" subs........how the ehll will I wire this thing to run again?......36v rewired motor.....what kinda controller?....etc etc etc....
welcome to the nut house.jpg
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #25
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock98 View Post
.....Oh, I'm not a "new" member....been in the "house" for quite some time....Thx though......
Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #26
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

Quote:
I'll be nice and give him Benjamins...*L*......

doolin......does the club DS lift kit fit "right up" to the carryalls?.....and what other parts bolt in?...ie dashes and other bling-parts...
Yes everything is pretty much the same as a reg DS.
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #27
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
I'll try it tomorrow at the office.... I am beat.....this "engineering/dreaming" is taking it's toll on this oldman......*evil grins*.....And I thought this cart was supposed to be for the kid....Silly me....

*wandering away mummbling*......6" lift.....22" trails....strip the paint and brush the aluminium.......15" flip downs......12" subs........how the ehll will I wire this thing to run again?......36v rewired motor.....what kinda controller?....etc etc etc....
I took care of the first 2 items on your "mumble list"---should have next week.......... getting another body to try painting...so yeah we are all on the same page here
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #28
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Oxford.....Wanna sell your "old" front cowl when your done painting?...*L*......

doolin....Thx Dude...appreciate it.....

Been follin' in the garage all night......working on the rear seat for the Prec, and mucking with the Limo.....

Limo update......01' batts = toasted.......batt tray and all compatments look excellent.....no rot.....need a good cleaning but thats about it.....motor came out easy, but the armature was totally screwed.....doesn't look like a re-build is in my future Oxford.....Booo...But, the rear-end housing looks good.....F/R switch is corrodided beyond mention....on-board charger is rotted (Lester 14800)....Curtis Controller is in the same whacked state.....

Gonna drain the rear-end this weekend....take all the hubs apart and grease the bearings up.....

So Far I'm in need of:

Motor $300
Charger $300
Controller $400
Batteries $600
Selenoid $????
Speed Switch $????
Charging Recepticle $????
And a couple of miles of wire, and a few hundred terminal connectors....

Glad the wife doesn't read these posts....*L*

Hey, the horn works....*L*

When I get home tomorrow, I will take some pics of it.....

If anybody has any input on the journey I'm about to embark on, throw it out there.....*S*....any help would be greatly appreciated.....*still mumbling*......6"...22"....36?....48?....400Amp?.. ...
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #29
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

http://www.plumquick.com/motor.htm

heres your answer right here, is this what your motor looks like
Old 05-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #30
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

K....I stand corrected......Is that my motor they used for that pic?.......

$300 for the rebuild?......and it come in the pretty purple?...the purple will help sell it to my wife....

K.....that is one decision down.....99 to go....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car