lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #11
bugboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: IQ motor noise

No need to apologize,but thanks any way.I went back to woods yesterday with the racket noise and cart did not strand me. think it may be bearing.does anyone know where to get bearing if that is the case.
The one thing I can say is that club car makes a pretty strait forward and tuff cart that is easy to work on if your only willing to try.
I have no books or manuals for cart all I have is good old BUGGIES GONE WILD
bugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

I have the hardest time apologizing... then again I never do anything wrong so that might be the reason...

Way to go rdaystrom!

Man... no one liked my Sargent Schultz comment??? I know... I know... keep my day job...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
bugboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
BugBoy said...
"Talked to plum for an hour (man they can talk)and they say the winding are too small to get any signifcant torque. they say speed is the only way to go with the precedent ."

Sargent Schultz says... I know nothing... I see nothing... (Private Joke BugBoy, no offense.)

There are motors out there from other vendors such as D&D and EMP that make Torque motors for IQ's, with NEW motors, not rewound.
scubabud,
was funny ,but if D&D and EMP can talk half as long as ********* I will be on the phone all day
Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #14
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
Man... no one liked my Sargent Schultz comment??? I know... I know... keep my day job...
I was thinking that should be your new avatar--i got it
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #15
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
I was thinking that should be your new avatar--i got it

Not a bad idea Maybe just in my signature to have a little fun with it!

BugBoy... I believe most motor companys can use your motor, bad or good, and re-work it to what you prefer. Shop and compare pricing and what they can deliver. Once you've done that also search BGW for others that have had success with motor changes in relation to the Torque you're requesting. Good luck
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
bugboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks the info. just couldn't figure out what you were talking about with the avatar thing.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #17
rdaystrom
Not Yet Wild

I have had 2 carts that got a noisy motor after just splashing through some water. Both times it was the bearing on the end of the motor. (away from the transmission) Bearing is common and can be bought at any bearing store and some automotive stores. Be sure you get the same seal configuration or better.
rdaystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #18
bugboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

rdaystrom,
thanks for great feed back ,much appreciated.
I haven't taken apart yet,but performance isn't hurt ,so you are probably right .thanks for info you are a great help
Old 06-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #19
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

rday-You didn't rip him a new one but you sure bruised he-- out of the old one!! By the time someone comes to the forum and admits to what happened theres no need for the tirade. Pull that motor, take it apart, make notes as you go, clean out everything and be prepared for a new closed end shaft bearing. You might as well drain the rear end and put in fresh oil also. Doesn't sound too expensive just time and a few parts. (a 12 pac should do it.)
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #20
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe someone can post a motor/differential blow up for him. I didnt see a year or serial # to help.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car