lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
hoagie
Not Yet Wild

Default Tire Woes

Tires are killing my expense account. All carts drive on asphalt roads or concrete sidewalks. Tire inflation is about 14-16 or whatevers on the sidewall. Still the middle of most tires is wearing out first. Thinking alignment. Just bought 2 new UMAX buggies and man if these don't look pidgein toed in the front end. Dealer said it's normal. Guess well see soon enough. Any fairly easy tricks to check alignment besides eyeballing it. Got 2 UMAX's, 4 clubs, and 10, 93-96yr gas yamahas.
hoagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tire Woes

Center only wear is always over inflation....you could run less air? Like 8-10 and see if that helps?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep... what Scotty said. Middle wear is over inflation, outside wear(both sides) is under inflation, and wear on inner OR outer is alignment.

BAF
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
hoagie
Not Yet Wild

Will try was afraid of going lower. Was thinking their wouldn't be enough sidewall pressure on the hub and cause more "fake flats". Sorry but we got a lot of older drivers (security) that hit things (curbs) and instantly deflate tires. Will try this air pressure and see what happens. thanks
Old 07-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

oh, i see. You are a lot more likely to knock the tire off of the bead with the lower pressure but the center of the tires will wear faster with higher pressure. Maybe you can find a comfortable zone somewhere in the middle.

Good luck!!!

BAF
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I know a way to cut your tire wear by 50%..... I will come down and haul away half of your carts
Old 07-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
hoagie
Not Yet Wild

O.k. O.K newbie must chose words more wisely. Running 10 in all cart tires currently. Got one cart that has oil that looks like a chocolate Yahoo drink. I thought at first water from washing got in. Yamaha gas cart 95 model. Drained two times since then, refilled and two-three days later it starts turning back the same color. Thoughts?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think you will have more luck posting this question in the Yamaha Gas section..... there are some sharp Yamaha guys over there who can help
Old 07-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
hoagie
Not Yet Wild

Must choose right forum too! thanks, I'm learnin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car