lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
cplemons
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor stays engaged....

Helllo everyone, I am new to this forum and just registered today. I hope that someone can help with the problem I am having with my golf cart. It is a 1990 Electric Club Car, when the key is off and is left in drive or reverse the motor still stays engaged. I have tried to few things to try to solve the problem but still have had no luck. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me solve this problem. Thanks.
cplemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor stays engaged....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplemons View Post
Helllo everyone, I am new to this forum and just registered today. I hope that someone can help with the problem I am having with my golf cart. It is a 1990 Electric Club Car, when the key is off and is left in drive or reverse the motor still stays engaged. I have tried to few things to try to solve the problem but still have had no luck. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me solve this problem. Thanks.
Do you mean it still goes? If that is it bad switch, can test by diconecting one side, and see if still moves.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have a sticky solenoid .... Sometime if you rap it with something light like a cresent wrench or a screwdriver handle it will disconnect....Time to replace it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

2nd vote for a sticking solenoid.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
cplemons
Not Yet Wild

yes when the key is off and is left in gear in continues to go. I've checked the switch and the switch dosen't seem to be the problem. How do I test the solenoid before I buy a new one?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

You can't really "Test" it...you could disconnect the power and see if you have continuity.....you can whack it real good and see if it disengages. Do you even here the solenoid clicking when you push the pedal?...either way, the solenoid is staying engaged. That can be caused from something mis-wired, a sticking microswitch or a sticking solenoid....

I'm leaning towards the solenoid stuck because "IF" its wired correctly and someone hasn't hacked on the wiring when you kill the power from the key the microswitches SHOULD be dead, which SHOULD kill the solenoid.

DO NOT bother trying to use an autmotive solenoid, you will be wasting your monay because they won't last.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

First, as Scottyb said--tap it with something a few times to see if it will release, if the cart quits"moving" you have found the problem. It may not stick every time but probably needs replacing.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #8
cplemons
Not Yet Wild

Okay, well I looked at a few solenoids that are for golf carts and I am going to go ahead and get one and hopefully that solves the problem. Ill get posted with the news if it worked or not. Thanks to those that have helped.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car