lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
Real McCoy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: '03 IQ is a still a Nightmare

Poor battery connector or bad cables? Connector or wiring in between motor and controls? Could even be a bad solenoid making poor contact inside. Use a trouble light or VOM to measure voltages out of the main solenoid when it does this. That may help see the problem.
Real McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Take this thing to the county Fair and charge $1.00 per whack witha sledge hammer,
you might get part of your moneu back !

Hook a Voltmeter up to the HOT and chassis ground, keep it connected at all times.
Should read 0 Volts.
when it funks out look at the meter and see if it is leaking to ground ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorrison View Post
Take this thing to the county Fair and charge $1.00 per whack witha sledge hammer,
you might get part of your moneu back !

Hook a Voltmeter up to the HOT and chassis ground, keep it connected at all times.
Should read 0 Volts.
when it funks out look at the meter and see if it is leaking to ground ?
Great idea!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
gaston
Gone Wild

Scotty been out all day plus my laptop computer is giving me headaches, not working very good, it is a 6 year old one in very good condition but I am guessing is having problem with video (integrated to main board, thus I will need a new mother board and no money now for that).
So I am telling you all this because I don't when it will crash, I just did a fast read to your first post and came to my mind once I had a similar problem with similar cart and turned out to be the pricey speed sensor on the motor, luckily I had one from another motor I purchase and change that and voila cart working perfect... this is a MSRP sensor of around 200, so if you happen to have some speed sensor of this one I would suggest to switch it as it will no give signs of being failing, I read there you already tested this but I don't loose nothing in telling you, will try to read the whole thread (praying for the computer not to crash) to figure this better!
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #15
gaston
Gone Wild

OK, never mind, I just read the part that you changed the speed sensor, I keep reading
Old 08-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

the only new insite I have is the headlights dim when the motor drops off and they come back bright when the acceleration resumes? We tried 2 controllers, 2 mcors, 2 solenoids, 2 obc, 2 motors & speed sensors & 2 drivers
Old 08-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
gaston
Gone Wild

when something like this happens to me I just try to think what could be the more stupid and simple solution and start again the whole process.
I hate to do things twice, but sometimes this has to be done, and one learns something on the process.
It has happened that I made mistakes when fixing something and because of the rush of getting rid of the thing didn't pay accurate attention, I would start doing something like remove the OBC and IQ controller, remove the whole wiring -again- and check every connection for proper contact, charge the pack with another 48v charger and put an alltrax controller instead of the IQ, if still giving problems then is something related with the remaining working parts on the vehicle (motor, mcor, solenoid, small wiring) even it could be the differential creating rolling resistance while on load... this could be 1 in a million but it can happen that you might have 2 bad OBC or 2 bad controllers, even 2 bad something else, it has happened to me!

Heck of a riddle you have there, this is to "LOVE" more the IQ's lol, had a chance once of buying a fleet of 10 2006 ones on an affordable price, but decided to stick with ezgo's easy upgradeable and diagnosed
Old 08-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My friend bought a fllet of 12 and will never buy another one Thank you for taking a look....
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
gaston
Gone Wild

ok, just jumped out from bed with an idea. I don't like when something is giving troubles and we cannot solve it
This might sound stupid and repeated but worth and easy to try.
You mentioned the light system, how is that working? I am assuming you have there a DC converter, either a 48 to 12 or a 16 to 12. Did you try to disconnect that thing and see what's happen? Is it probably that if you have a 16 to 12 type there's something wrong with it?
Another test I would do is check the amperage draw on motion and with load and see what that throws and compare with a good working cart.
For last, you replaced all batteries, have you tried to use that specific pack on a working cart, is there chances that one or few of the batteries might be bad?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
ok, just jumped out from bed with an idea. I don't like when something is giving troubles and we cannot solve it
This might sound stupid and repeated but worth and easy to try.
You mentioned the light system, how is that working? I am assuming you have there a DC converter, either a 48 to 12 or a 16 to 12. Did you try to disconnect that thing and see what's happen? Is it probably that if you have a 16 to 12 type there's something wrong with it?
Another test I would do is check the amperage draw on motion and with load and see what that throws and compare with a good working cart.
For last, you replaced all batteries, have you tried to use that specific pack on a working cart, is there chances that one or few of the batteries might be bad?
All batteries load test and specific gravity test good. The cart has a factory 16-12v reducer. I have originally tried running with the reducer and all accessories disconnected maybe I should try that again. and now yes with a volt or amp meter connected to the pack. THANK YOU
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car