lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #21
A.D.
Gone Wild

Default Re: My resistor to controller conversion adventure

Ox,

Congrats on the PB-6 Fab job, that gives us another option when doing this mod. Hey OX it was pretty easy when i did my upgrade to bend up a sheet of aluminium and put between the verticle body supports behind the seat, i had enough room for the controller, Solenoid and Voltage reducer, and it protects electronics from water splashing up from the rear tires. Just a suggestion. Keep us informed on your project. What motor did you end up going with??
A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #22
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
Im stealing your ideas on this one from the many pictures you have posted on these conversions. One side of controller will rest on the original crossmember for the old coils, and I will lay a picee of "L" aluminum across the frame rails for the other side of the controller. I also have 2" aluminum L left over from pb-6 brackets...so I am seriously considering mounting the solenoid to a piece of that, and then moving that to the crossmember from the coils as well, right next to the controller....what do you think? This way the solenoid could be facing with the studs on top, easy to get to and service if needed. Its a pain how they have it squeezed in front of the batteries and laying down on its side, tough to get at terminals.

When I did my conversion, I used the same mounting spot for the Solenoid. BIG mistake... I do not like it stuffed down in front of the batteries.

When I remove the body for a paint job this fall, I am going to move it up where the controller is mounted, behind the batteries and up above the motor.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Roady asked me not to piss anyone off today But in my opinion it doesn't matter where you put it cuz once installed it is good for 10 or 20 yrs with no need to access it if you assemble the connections with dielectric grease
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #24
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Roady asked me not to piss anyone off today But in my opinion it doesn't matter where you put it cuz once installed it is good for 10 or 20 yrs with no need to access it if you assemble the connections with dielectric grease

Now I'm really P.O.'d

Just kidding, but with the way that I tinker with things, I want the Solenoid in an accessible location.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay..... keep fiddling with it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #26
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Okay..... keep fiddling with it
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ghtmare-6.html

I detect a little fiddler here also

Seriously, I hope that you find the problem.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #27
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

This is how I mounted the controller and solenoid behind the batteries. I am glad I decided to move the solenoid because the amount of corrosion that was on the wires after only about 8 months of being there was alarming. I guess the fumes from charging hang down in there or something..I dunno. The whole cart is wired and it actually works. Today after work I will wire tie stuff up and put the wires into plastic looms just to clean things up. I have to acknowledge XACT1 for a recent thread on his upgrade and the nice detailed description on his f/r switch dilemma. Thanks to his detailed solution I was able to wire mine up correctly the first time. And thanks to ScottyB who told me to do this 8 months ago and I have studied his threads on doing this conversion. THANKS GUYS!!
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #28
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

oxfordlawn,

You wired it up correctly the FIRST time?

Where's the fun in that? No tearing your hair out, no cursing, no excessive beer drinking (oops)
Old 08-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #29
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Finished putting the body and all on today and was able to go for a ride finally. VERY NICE! It no longer does little wheelies when stomping on the pedal, but it will get some slight tire scrub/spin on hard acceleration. On the other hand, my VGlide will never weld itself in the wide open position and I can drive all day as slow as I want now Now it's time to go find some mud!!
TAKE CARE, THIS ADVENTURE IS OVER! SUCCESFULLY!
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #30
calllen9
IT COST LESS TO PAY MORE

E-Z-GO

Where is the F&R contactor????
calllen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car