lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
outatime
Not Yet Wild

Default Need your help to make a decision on buying!

Hello all

I have finally narrowed down what I am going to buy but need a little help from you please.

I have been looking at two Precedents and only real difference is price. Both companies are selling them used from a golf course. Here is where I need your help.

Two places have Presidents for sale, both almost same condition but one is white and one beige.

First one I found on craigs list at $3050 delivered (about 2hrs drive from my place as I visited and took a look at it already) , its a 2006 in white, 2008 batteries (Trogan), rain enclosure, full light kit: headlights, tail / brake lights, turn signals & horn and rear view mirror.

The second cart is from a local dealer (five Min's away) who has been around the area for a long time now, same deal as above with the light kit, horn , break lights etc but no rain enclosure and they give you existing batteries that comes with the cart and its slightly newer 2007 model and they want $3700 but included with that is a three year guarantee on everything, ie if I get a blow out, bad batteries, anything that goes wrong they will service and repair.

So what would you choose out of the two? I am torn right now, help me decide please

Thank you

Stuart
outatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need your help to make a decision on buying!

I try to help the local guys out when I can.
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its nice to help out the locals BUT...$650 difference newer batteries and a rain enclosure. Do you really expect $650 worth of troubles in the next 3 yrs? Can you get the local guy down in price any? What are you going to be using it for? Street use or a lot of rough service use?

My 2cents

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tough call....

What happens if you purchase the craigslist cart and then need help down the road from the local guy?

If you can negotiate a little with him, the additional cost is probably going to be worth it just for the peace of mind. And, you never know, but you may just come out ahead on the deal. It depends on how much you plan on using the cart!
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xact1 View Post
Tough call....

What happens if you purchase the craigslist cart and then need help down the road from the local guy?

If you can negotiate a little with him, the additional cost is probably going to be worth it just for the peace of mind. And, you never know, but you may just come out ahead on the deal. It depends on how much you plan on using the cart!
When you have questions, will you call your craigslist seller, or the local shop? Seriously, Warranty on a a used cart for 3 years? That's NUTS - What will they sell it with just a 6 month warranty for?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
When you have questions, will you call your craigslist seller, or the local shop? Seriously, Warranty on a a used cart for 3 years? That's NUTS - What will they sell it with just a 6 month warranty for?
If I could have purchased a warranty during my craigslist golf cart purchase, I would have ended up saving some big money! But, it's been fun fixing up the cart, and I know a lot more about it now.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

To my way of thinking it's a no brainer. Go with the local guy. Perhaps if you haggle a little he might throw in a rain enclosure to sweeten the deal ? but in all honesty a three year warranty is some serious peace of mind. you won't have to go far if something does go wrong and you will be supporting your local community.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
pghtex
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I agree with going with the local guy. I am sure he will come down in price a little for you.
pghtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #9
outatime
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys for all your replies, yes its a tough decision for sure and belive me I did try to get the guy to lower the price which he claims he has done...and this is also a cash deal.

The price I had the guy at before that was $3600 but then he said a speed chip/controller to get it to speed setting 4 would be an extra $100 coming upto the $3700 figure!

He said they realign the the cart before it gets sold and service it and give it the once over to make sure its good to go, he said he would throw in a cooler box and floor mat for me too and its a slightly newer model than the craigslist guy.

I guess I will go with the local company as its got that three year warrenty.

Why don't I feel happy about this purchase though?
outatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you show him the craigslist cart? Maybe ask him to match the price...
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car