lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #11
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: New-to-me 1993 CC DOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I see a problem with this method. The reason we never recommend mixing old and new batteries is because like garry said the charger will over charge (cook) the new batteries trying to get the old (dead) ones to come up.... soon this over cooking will reduce the new ones to the old one's level. So..... I suggest you charge the old ones separately until they come up, if they do come up? Is this making sense?
He is right U know , guess I got in a bit of a hurry, and like Lockman said earlier , you can use a 12 Volt car charger. Also

Read this http://www.trojanbattery.com/Battery...qualizing.aspx
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Took it for it's maiden voyage. Cart seems to have more power out of the hole than my inlaw's 48v, but loses speed much more drastically on inclines. Although, for what I need it for (work) it will be perfect! I drove it for about 15 minutes and then parked it and checked voltages.
#1 6.27
#2 6.29
#3 6.33
#4 6.31
#5 6.44
#6 6.49

As you can probably guess, #5&6 are the new batteries.
Would I be better off to have the new batteries in slots #2 and #5? (2&5 were the 2 batteries that tested bad, but when I bought the new ones, I thought it might be better to have them together for whatever reason...)

Thanks for all the help
5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't think it will matter, they are gonna be old batteries soon. When you mix new and old batteries the new ones get over charged waiting for the old ones to charge up... consequently, they get heat damaged (cooked) until they are soon at the level of the old ones .....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car