lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
krcossin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Precedent vs DS

Newbie alert!
So I am in a "campground" which has paved roads, slightly hilly, our use will be to go from our trailer to the pool, to the beach and back and to get firewood, take the trash to the dumpster, take some night time rides.
Must have 4 seats and lights.
Want to have the best newest under $3,500. love to have led, aluminum diamond plate folding rear seat, a battery meter.
I can get an 06 CC Precedent electric no lights, no back seat with top and fold down wind screen for under 3k, or a 05 very similar a hundred less.
Or do I save some money get a 04 DS for close to 3k with the lights and the rear seat (not diamond plated)?
I like the updated looks of the precedent, everyone has a DS, I like being a little different (no lift kit interest for my parents needs).
Or another option just under this price is a 01 gas with the goodies. Wife has already said no to the gas though, and father said he will only ride in a gas, oh so impossible to please everyone.
So please let me know what your informed opinion is please include what to look out for at inspection time - other than the obvious damage, tires sidewall cracks.
krcossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
krcossin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent vs DS

So now I just found a local guy with a couple NEW 2008 Precedent gas with rear seat at a price I can deal with, more than I wanted to spend, but WAY less then new dealer retail price, very close to their cost I bet.
So how do I convince my darling wife that gas is better than electric?
Old 07-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum krcossin...........................

Make your choice but remember, some places do not allow gasoline carts.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcossin View Post
So how do I convince my darling wife that gas is better than electric?
Have HER park it, get out the charger, put the tow switch in "tow",
plug the charger in, and make sure it's charging... all at 2:00 in the morning,
after having a number of adult beverages...

Then in the morning, (while she's feeling a bit "under the weather")
have her unplug it, then check the battery water levels...

that's why I changed from Electric to Gas!
Sadly... I still have the electric (wifes) and still have to do most of that!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
krcossin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Rusty, our place has mostly electric, many gas, some very old and noisy which the wife points at for her reason for not wanting one.
There is a noise rule past 11pm, but I don't see a reason to use it past that anyway. Lockman1, good point on the late night "visits". And I already have 16 years of marriage experience, I know who does what, she will mostly ride in it, occasionally drive and that's about it.

So experts out there if you had a do over which would you pick? Gas 08 over budget but doable need to add light package with warranty, or electric 06 need to add rear seat and lights one year left on battery warranty?
I think I have ruled out the DS, I just like the look of the Precedent more. Unless someone has an opinion to convince me to rethink my purchasing decision.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

From a woman's point of view :

It's as simple as this. I can't tell you the number of times there's been one hitch to me getting out the door on time. It's forgetting to plug in my electric curling iron or rollers, or my hair dryer decided that morning to watch and wait until I had wet hair and then just DIE !!!!!!

I DO NOT want to have to remember to plug my cart in. I do not want to be out in the middle of nowhere and slowly feel the batts dying. Above all, I DO NOT want to hear NOTHING when my cart is running. I like the sound of a motor humming along. An electric cart just leaves a void for me.

Gassers don't have to be loud. They can be quite quiet, and the power you get when you start your ride is the power you'll have an hour or two or three later on the way home. Remember, there aren't outlets everywhere to recharge, not to mention the wait for it to happen. And nothing will kill the moment of that romantic night ride, faster than a long walk home. And don't expect her to be helping with pushing either.

Choose the Precedent. You'll be glad you did !!!!

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #7
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

I think you will love the gasser, Very nice cart. As for the wife explain it with economics, One year on battery warranty means batteries in a year or two at 5-6 hundred smackers, and in 5 years or so 5-6 hundred again. I own several gas carts for over 15 years now and have not put 5-6 hundred in maintaining all of them including gas and I drive a cart to work 11 months a year. The gas is just cheaper to run. Plus you have the warranty, Wifie's love those, LOL
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:31 AM   #8
krcossin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Boo,
You provided just what I needed.

Great to hear some advice from you Tom, much appreciated.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Happy to help. Post some pics when you get the new cart

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have had gas (noisy EZ-go) and a CC elec. like you we have a noise rule here. Love the fact that the elec is queit but gas was to do daily. Have never been left with a dead battery away from mobil home so if you watch you charge you will not have this happen, can't drink so no biggy plugging it in easy to do have wire run through wall so can drive up and plug in, think it boils down to personal preferance and what you do with it.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
which one?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car