lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2009, 05:48 AM   #1
tiggntaz
Gone Wild

Default Will not go into Reverse

I am looking at getting a 99 carry all but the guy said that the f/r pin in the rear gear case is bad. YOu can hit the switch to R and the cable moves but the cart will not go into reverse.

Any idea what he is talking about and is this a hard fix?
tiggntaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will not go into Reverse

Does it still engage in fwd properly? And have you attempted to adjust the linkages. what you can do to see if its a probem with the rear end, is , take the back service panel off, unclip the shift rod from the transmission shift lever, and try to manualy shift it into reverse.. does it click in gear, and reverse work?

I had a very similar issue with a 98 club car, and if its what i think it is, then its not too big of a job, but you will need to pull apart the rear end. this can still be done with the whole axle in the cart.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

My 92 club car today decided to lock up in forward and nuetral has turned into reverse, reverse is still reverse. Any ideas people? Yeah I did unhook the linkage and manually shift it. Any input would be awesome. Where's Scotty?? He's normally pretty quick on this stuff.
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

There are two brass synchronizer rings in the rearend of the gas cart CC part # 101981001. One for forward and one for reverse. Under extreme load or if oil gets low, these will seize to the Input Gear assembly #101980801. This can cause the problems you described. Also there are a few thrust plates that can almost disintigrate to nothing and cause the cart to jump out of forward or reverse as soon as you try to accelerate.
If it is just the brass rings, you can pull the rear apart and sometimes clean up the pieces with emery cloth and they will work fine. Also had to tear into rearend again when quick fix didn't work. If its the synchro. rings, just replace them.
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

Whats cool with yours, it should have a separate case for the forward/reverse. If I'm not mistaken, those carts used a electric rearend with the trans. bolted to it. This would make the job easier
Old 08-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ive been searching the interweb all night and all I can find for parts is the bearings and seals. Where can I buy the rings, and synchro's? You are correct mine is a separate case from the axle. Thomas
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

As always, check with the site sponsors first.
If they don't have it, I am sure they can tell you where to find it.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #8
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

Also the part#s I listed are for the newer unitized trans axel. Parts for yours may be a different number.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok guys check this. I called Tom at Cartpartsplus and told him what my cart was doing. He told me that this was a common problem and that the Club Car reps tell you to drive it as fast as you can in whatever gear it will still go in and to throw it in the other gear. I did just that and holy crud it worked. My cart is good as new. Ive been wheeling it hard all day and have had no trouble since. Just thought I would pass this on.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car