lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
Dbrockman1972
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default 70's Harley electric 4-wheeler

Hi everyone. First post.
I am trading a Jon boat for this cart. I am going to look at it this weekend. I don't know the exact year, but I think it's a mid 70's. The guy says it's got new deep cycle batts and comes with a working charger and said it works fine. The only pic I have is a view from the front getting a little of the side. Looks like the seats need tlc, which I expected in a project. I am considering cutting and stretching the frame and making it a true 4 seater so the family can go to football games, baseball games, and the racetrack. With power adjustable front seats so my 5' tall wife can drive it a little easier. Already have seats from an hhr that I swapped the backs on so the armrest is on the outside. Just have to make a box to mount them on. Perfect place for speakers and an extra battery for the stereo, seat adjustment, and lights. 2 plugs to plug in for charging, but not a big deal. We can use carts on the roads where I live. All I see that is custom are late model EZ-GO carts with a lift kit, wheels, and a fold down rear facing seat. No offense if that's what you like or have, but I want mine to be the one everybody checks out in a see of them. Kinda my thing. This cart would be very unique and cool. Getting to the point.... Will a 36 volt cart in perfect working order pull 4 people? Mostly flat ground. Thanks for any advice or input. Opinions are more than welcome. Good bad or ugly.
Dbrockman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
Dbrockman1972
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: 70's Harley electric 4-wheeler

Here is a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (90.1 KB, 0 views)
Dbrockman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:19 AM   #3
johnny reb
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

that would be cool. i would definitely add a 12 volt battery. harleys are a breed apart. their battery's kick in differently than ezgo and others. that way you can add power seats stereo leds , head / tail lights and such i also put digital readout volt meters on all battery carts. 2 in your case they are 12 bucks on ebay. you may have to fix the body as a lift off or two piece to get to the batteries, always keep the battery maintenance in mind. they do make a dentral water system for filling the batteries. anyway good luck and welcome
johnny reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Olddude42
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Very nice looking cart, I just got one myself. It's a 72 amf harley davidson de4. Picked it up for 100 bucks. But got no batteries, no charger, and no key.
Olddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson