lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Default Serious gas club car issues, key start

My cart is got some serious issues. After replacing 3 solenoids, 2 batteries and 2 starter/generators I still cant figure it.

I thought I had it yesterday, I removed the wire with the built in fuse that goes to the small two posts on the solenoid and it ran great for about 10 min. Then it died. again. It has to be wired right or it wouldn't run in the first place.

Its not the coil, I've experienced those in the past. I know when they get hot it dies. Then after it cools it starts/runs again. Mine wont start after cooling. So I think I can rule that out.

Usually I can start it by jumping the two large posts on the solenoid but that wont do it either. Odd thing is at random times I can turn the headlights on and off and they work. Then if I turn the key it acts as if the fuse is blown and nothing happens. But the fuse is not blown. After a time I can go back out and the lights will turn on until I turn the key and try and crank it.

Its driving me insane. any suggestions?
Rmiller863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #2
raenglehart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Serious gas club car issues, key start

If you provide the year/make/model that would certainly help. But I believe it sounds like you have a grounding issue somewhere.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
raenglehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I agree with posting what year and model you have!
Since it's a key start cart... have you tested, or replaced the relay in the Electrical Components Box?

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #4
unknwn
Getting Wild

I would definitely give the ground connection(s) to the frame VERY close attention (new hardware,heavy galvanized if available).
The electrolysis effect of steel bolts through aluminum aggravated by electricity flowing through the connection makes for a pretty terrible corrosion factor. Grease helps, but anti-corrosion grease (meant especially for battery connections and vehicle lighting sockets) is far and away better for this application.
If it doesn't cure your problem this attention will certainly help avoid grounding difficulties in future diagnostics.

Wire connectors (eyelets & spade connectors) -JUST- crimped onto wires hide corrosion & bad connections also. Consider replacing them too.

Last edited by unknwn; 07-19-2018 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: added more suggestion(s)
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:48 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yep. Grounding and/or loose wire.

If it is not the new coil.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #6
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Haven't been getting any email notifications from the post. Thanks for the replies. It's a 2005 club car transporter. I have not replaced the box inside the electrical box. Is there anyway to test it? I also thought ground. I'll put a new ground on it. I'll keep you posted.
Rmiller863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:06 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Relay tests...
(The engine kill circuit, and the neutral lockout circuits run through the relay.)

Click pics 2 or 3 times to enlarge:

keystartrelay1.jpg

keystartrelay2.jpg

KS-relaytest1.jpg
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key start will not start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car