lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
OutofBounds
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2020 ezgo L6 lithium speed upgrade

I just bought a 2020 ezgo L6 elite (lithium) and really disappointed with the speed. I talked to a guy who owns a cart store nearby and he said he could reprogram to 19.5 mph max. Is this true? From what I've been reading, it looks like it can go much faster. I would be happy with 24 mph. I live at the back of my neighborhood and its taking way too long to travel. Can I buy a chip or do I need to look for another shop to have it reprogrammed? Please advise.
OutofBounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2020, 11:21 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2020 ezgo L6 lithium speed upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofBounds View Post
I just bought a 2020 ezgo L6 elite (lithium) and really disappointed with the speed. I talked to a guy who owns a cart store nearby and he said he could reprogram to 19.5 mph max. Is this true? From what I've been reading, it looks like it can go much faster. I would be happy with 24 mph. I live at the back of my neighborhood and its taking way too long to travel. Can I buy a chip or do I need to look for another shop to have it reprogrammed? Please advise.
I would not let anyone mess with it that does not know what they are doing. Dealers are corrupting controllers on L6s and S4s on a daily basis and not caring one bit that the controllers are being damaged. A new replacement controller is $2800! I have been having to uncorrupt them in order to reprogram them correctly, and if they have been operated for too long in that condition they are not recoverable! I am having to take a stand and start refusing to work on any more corrupted controllers. I'm not willing to take the blame for not being able to fix someone elses intentional damage when it cannot be recovered.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:50 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2020 ezgo L6 lithium speed upgrade

Dont blame ya....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chip, ezgo, lithium, speed, upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO