lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
Dink1099
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 Club Car DS

Fellas

Newer to the forum. I bought this cart this spring since it was a gas cart and cheaper then replacing batteries every few years.

Things I have Done:

1) Had to put a new Carb on it. Was leaking from the Bowl
2) Replaced Drive Belt

My Mitsubishi Fuel Pump appears to have gone out. I took it off and cleaned it apart but am not getting any gas from the "out" line. The bulb on the "IN" is full and flowing so figured it was time to change it.

It was suggested on here to put a vacuum pump on it instead which I have on order..

Are there any other issues that I should be aware of or look for??

Thanks

Dink
Dink1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2020, 07:54 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1984 Club Car DS

Other than the clutches I mentioned in the other thread, just make sure you have enough oil in it. These KF82 flathead motors are splash-oiled. There's little metal tongue that is bolted to the end of the connecting rod that dips in and out of the oil and splashes it throughout the crankcase for oiling. To get the proper reading on the dipstick, un-thread it and pull it out, dry it off, then just stick it in to get the oil level without threading it in at all. Then screw it back in finger-tight when you're done.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car