lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
BoostedOne
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Keeping junk out of the cooling fan inlet??? EZGO TXT

Got a Medalist thats been converted to a TXT still has the stock robin engine on it, mild lift, etc. I play hard on the cart, but usually in short bursts. Up until last week its life with me consisted of mainly running the trash from my shop to the dumpster, moving my boat trailer around, and occasional blasts through the retention ponds behind the shop which pack the front suspension with swamp grass and leaves from these 4 foot tall bushes.

Last weekend I had the cart at the house, and the neighborhood has an abandoned golf course. I ran the kid and I up to the store using the old golf course to get there. it was pretty fun, considering they hadnt cut the grass in probably a year or two. But on the way back I noticed it knocking when it would shut down. Pulled the seat off for the first time in months and found the inlet to the fan packed with leaves, grass, etc.

Is there anything yall that actually take your carts off pavement do to keep the stuff from building up on the intake? I been lookin forward to takin the little one out to the woods in it. Maybe some kind of sheild between the intake and gas tank?
BoostedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Keeping junk out of the cooling fan inlet??? EZGO TXT

Pulled the seat off for the first time in months and found the inlet to the fan packed with leaves, grass, etc.

i would say that this statement above is the biggest problem, a lot of guys are runnin' there carts though the same stuff without smokin' there engine.
if you never take the 30 seconds to lift the seat and look to see if theres oil in it or crap in the fan i don't think there is anything you can do.

jus sayin'
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
Pulled the seat off for the first time in months and found the inlet to the fan packed with leaves, grass, etc.

i would say that this statement above is the biggest problem, a lot of guys are runnin' there carts though the same stuff without smokin' there engine.
if you never take the 30 seconds to lift the seat and look to see if theres oil in it or crap in the fan i don't think there is anything you can do.

jus sayin'
what he jus sayed
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
BoostedOne
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the comment... I really appreciate it...
Yeah, its the first time in months I took the seat off... But except for the trip to the store, the amount of driving I have done off pavement so far would have been covered on a trip to the woods in about 10 minutes....

So I was wondering if people were doing anything to help prevent the buildup of debris, or if everyone just stops every 15-20 min to bat sh*t off of a hot engine.

Because, as I mentioned, one of the things I really want to do is use it off road, just hadn't got the chance yet and its so hot out right now.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
BoostedOne
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

And for what its worth, the engine didnt get smoked... it was clunking when i would stop it when I was nearing the end... which is when I cleaned out the fan, and it was fine on the rest of the way home on pavement where it didnt have to work hard at keeping high RPM and could get airflowing on it again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts