lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How can I secure my rear access hatch?

Those rubber expansion plugs worked perfectly. I actually found that something that Ace hardware called 'well nuts', which are similar to the expansion plugs but without the extra hardware, worked great. Nice and snug. They also make easier to identify how well lined up the holes are cause you can feel them with your fingertips. The thumb nuts were perfect for this low access and blind working application. Even with needing both hands because of the tight clearance between the back seat and body to seat/hold and twist them they get in/out in seconds pretty simply.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Gotta love it when a plan comes together!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #13
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

While I'm looking at the plugs in the bin right above them is the bin holding the 'jack nuts' for 40 cents less than the dealer wanted and you would have thought they could tell me that a hardware store would have them when I said it's a 20 mile trip to get these little pos! I thought I was looking at a specialty item not some common hardware store stuff. I never saw them before so had no idea. Grrrrrrrr

Of course now that's my favorite name for things or people that are....well.... jacknuts!
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Maybe I'm weird but that's how I spend my time when my wife is shopping, I walk around the hardware, automotive, electronic, boating departments and just look at stuff. Just never know what you might remember that will help ya out of a pinch.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car