lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: got sound but no go

Pull the carb and install a new carb kit.
You might have an improper spring under the needle arm or it is adjusted to far open (up toward the diaphram).
Make sure you follow the rebuild directions to get the proper spring installed and arm height set so you have correct pop off pressure. (varies on different model carbs due to different applications)
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
sacbyrd
Not Yet Wild

ok i have been gone a while had to put of trying to fix the cart but i just got back into it trying to fix it but i have got a long way with it but it is a 1983 yamaha golf cart i was riding it with the top off lol i was setting on the gas tank while riding it it was not running good but it was running while i was riding it it cept wanting to die but i cept it running buy ajusting the screw back in forth evry time it was gona die. i got the gas tank off now and i guess it had gas still in the lines and in the carborator i tried to start it with the tank off it was turning over i put my finger over the end of the hose that hooks to the gas tank and it started up and ran beter then it ever has till it runs out of gas it dose this evry time i try it but if i put the hose back on the gas tank it acts like it ant sucking the gas out of it so i take it off agian and try that agian at first it ant sucking but if i blow threw the hose it pushes the gas threw and it will start and run good till it runs out of gas none of the hose are stoped up i dont think but wat do yall think i should try?????
sacbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #23
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Crash maybe he has a plugged filter in the tank
and I hate to say it the carb has to come off and be cleaned.
DOOmsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #24
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I don't know, I stopped reading after the 2nd line when I ran out of breath,

I'll try it again.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #25
sacbyrd
Not Yet Wild

it only runs good whin i blow gas threw the hose if i dont it just blows it out this is with the hose disconected from the gas tank
Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #26
sacbyrd
Not Yet Wild

could it be the full pump system
Old 06-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #27
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would try to syphon fuel out of the tank through the hose that goes to the fuel pump, if you can get it to syphon freely you know then that there is no restriction and you have a good supply to the fuel pump and the fuel filter is good. After that i would connect the hose to the fuel pump while the fuel is running out to make sure the pump has fuel to it. Take the fuel line off at the carb and crank the engine over, fuel should be coming out of the hose indicating fuel pump is working. This should prove that you have fuel coming into the carb. I would then take the carb off and rebuild it or have someone do it for you, adjust it according to the manual that you can download from yamahagolfcars.com. That should take care of all your fuel delivery problems.
PS. be sure to check all the rubber hoses for cracks especially at the fittings.

Last edited by caddylac camper; 06-13-2011 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: added PS
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #28
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Caddy that was my thoughts exactly. Maybe it would just be easier to replace the carb, fuel pump, and all of the hoses. Might want to change the fuel filter to. Other than the carb these are all cheap and easy swaps.
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #29
Ranger1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I am watching this post with great expectations because it mirrors the problems I am having!
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #30
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Poor Crash is over a month into this and the carb still has not been removed and cleaned and inspected.
DOOmsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha