lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
wilkiedog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy 81 cc loss of power

I have a 81 cc it runs Great for about 45mins then i loose power. when I push gas pedal head lights go out and radio cuts off. and cart slows down. has NEW batterys. Any ideas? if I let it sit for about 30min. everything works again for about 45 mins again.
wilkiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 81 cc loss of power

You are describing a battery problem. Either they are not wired up correctly or one is bad.

What is the actual pack voltage reading?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You are describing a battery problem. Either they are not wired up correctly or one is bad.

What is the actual pack voltage reading?
scotty is right, i know i know they are new batteries but it happens all the time.....1st double check all your wiring and make sure all your connections are clean and tight and if thats ok than you have a bad battery or batteries.....i just did one yesterday on a cart it wouldn,t even go in reverse the guy said i just put a new used battery in that i paid 50 buck for so when i checked they stuck an 8 volt in with his 6 volts and the 8 volt was junk.......he ended up having 2 8 volt batteries in the cart, after an hour when i got done he said this cart has never run like this since i owned it.........was nothing i did other than make sure he had the right and good batteries...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

For some reason your batterys are running out of power? Just putting new batterys in without proper charging will shorten the life by almost 50%. Remember that any battery used other than a HD golf cart batterys will never give you range or power level needed.
By allowing batterys to sit for 30 minutes you get some recovery but its NOT FULLY CHARGED. What type of battery charger are you using and is it a automatic or a timed cycle charger?
#1 new batterys must be broken in correctly ( charged fully before each use and never run down lower than 75% of charge during break in period.
#2 Each battery should have digital volt readings AFTER FULLY CHARGING of 6.37 volts and total pack voltage of 38.22 volts. ALL READINGS SHOULD BE TAKEN AT LEAST 2 HOURS AFTER CHARGING.
#3 Hydrometer readings ( with single float with temp correcting scale not multi float antifreeze unit ) should be 1.275 with temperature corrected readings
#4 New batterys will not be up to full power for at least 20-100 discharge-charge cycles.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
wilkiedog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Yall , I checked and I'm getting 36v from the pack and off the control to the motor. I have a timed charger so i'm going to charge it up to full and see what happens. I checked all batteries and had 6v on each. I'll post what happens after leting it full charge.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes let it charge at least 12 hours as 6 volts isn,t good.....................
Old 06-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
wilkiedog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It worked!!!!! Thank's
Old 06-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiedog View Post
It worked!!!!! Thank's
what was wrong just not charging enough? if so remember they take time to charge and they need broken in and if you don,t do it right you,ll be right back where you were only no amount of charging will help........if its at all possible get rid of the timer charger and get one that shuts off auto when fully charged.................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car