lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
pavwa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default What lift and rim/ tires for g1?

I just got my 1980 g1 running good but I'm still missing the lift kit and the tires and wheels....I only want to go with the 4 in lift so I don't have to do any mods to frame or clutch...Were is the best place on the internet to order from? I wanna make sure it will fit and and make sure on the size of the tires and if I need an offset wheel or not. I just wanna make sure so I don't order things and have them not fit. I was going to order all of it right now but got nervous on ordering something wrong so any info would be great, Thanks
pavwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What lift and rim/ tires for g1?

Check out the jakes website, i believe they give recommendations on wheel offsets and tire sizes that will fit with the various lift kits. I was thinking 4 inch lift for my cart as well so let me know how you make out.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
pavwa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I see Jakes only has 3 or 6 inch lifts for carts. I know all sport has a 4inch lift but don't know if it will work on a 1980 or not (or where the best place is to get it), I see most kits say they fit 1982 or newer. I would go with the all sport if I know it'll fit for sure, and I wanna go with standard steel 8x7 rims with 20x10x8 tires but wanna know if they would fit before I make a $500 order and have to send it back. What works ?????????
Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

82 and later is correct. Your spindles won't fit Jakes arms no matter what lift......see my thread for more information.

My edit.
won"t fit means without modifing, machining. NOT A BOLT ON.
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
pavwa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well I ordered the 4in all sport lift today for my 1980 g1 along with 20x10x10 tires on 10x7 in wheels with a 3x4in offset.. hopefully everything works out good.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavwa View Post
Well I ordered the 4in all sport lift today for my 1980 g1 along with 20x10x10 tires on 10x7 in wheels with a 3x4in offset.. hopefully everything works out good.
Post some pics when you get it together.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha