lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
samanthahouseholder
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g2 gas mixing into my oil

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone has to be able to help me. Ok so i bought a yamaha g2 golf cart lifted maybe 2-3 inchs nothing much. We got it home it wouldnt even do anything. Went to discount with the battery it was bad bought a new and installed it. It was working ok for about 2 days. Then it would barely do anything. So we called a golf cart place and brought it in. When we got it there it wouldnt do anything again so they had to replace the whole wiring harness once that was done they detected the solenoid, ignition switch and spark plug were no good. So we had them do all that they called and said you have alittle gas in your oil your carb needs to be replace well i could do it myself for less than half the price so i ordered the carb offline its a mokini or mohini something like that but now my oil is filling up with gas in a day. What could be going on. I dont know if the carb needs to be adjusted or if it could be something else. Please help me. I have had the cart now for about 2 months and havent even got to ride it. It stays brokoe down. My husband drained the oil and put new in and in maybe 1 hour of running it it was white smoking and boggin down alot so brought it home checked the oil and nothing but gas. Thanks so much for you time I hope someone can help me I cant afford these golf cart places i paid $500 bucks for the wiring solenoid ignition and plug to be redone.
samanthahouseholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
samanthahouseholder
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g2 gas mixing into my oil

I dont nkow if the carb just needs adjusted or what i know nothing about it thanks
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Sorry, but it sounds like you got taken 2 things can cause gas in oil, stuck float in carb (most likley) or a tear in one of the fuel pump diaphrams causing gas to get into the crankcase thru the pulsat line (not very likely). Very rarely do I change a carb, take it apart and clean it. When the carb is held (like it sits in the car), blow thru the fuel inlet tube and push the float up so it's level with the base of the carb (where the float bowel seals), at that point the float/needle should shut and no gas can enter the float bowel. You can bend the float "tang" for adjustment. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
samanthahouseholder
Not Yet Wild

I did get taken your right but i cant let this golf cart take me lol. I am thinking right now i am getting to much gas through the carb. Because you run it for a minute its fine then once you stop it dosent want to take off right away and its boggy if that makes since. very bogged down but just for a second then it picks back up. HOW do you adjust the gas flow? and thanks also for the other tips we will look into those
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha