lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
jbwnc
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Broke Splash Plate G2 A/E JN5

My Bristol race golf cart died last year. It was smoking bad and gave up on me. Had a piston put in last year right before the race and it evidently was not the problem. So this year I went to the shed and it started for a short time. I was surprised. So I tore it down as far as I could today. The oil Splash Plate was broken. When I disassembled the connecting rod cap on the crankshaft the bearing was spun on the crankshaft. I have some questions and would greatly appreciate any advice I can get. 1. Can the connecting rod bearing be replaced and maybe get her running without having to buy a crankshaft? (cart is very old and a crankshaft is too $$$$ for this cart) Thanks

Last edited by jbwnc; 08-25-2013 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Pulled the spun bearing off
jbwnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
jbwnc
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Broke Splash Plate G2 A/E JN5

Looks like I need to take the crank to a machine shop. Get proper bearings and move on.
jbwnc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jn5
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha