lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
A.D.
Gone Wild

Default 98 CC 36V to 48V upgrade

I know i might be beating a dead horse here but i was unable to find an answer to this, not due to the lack of information. I was given a 1998 CC free due to Ike and the batteries, solenoid and F/R switch are shot and I want to upgrade it to 48V, but i was unable to find out if the resistor coils will be able to handle 48V? THe Vglide controller and Motor are still good and since most of the parts that are needed for the upgrade need to be replaced i figured this would be the best choice for a few extra buck. Is there any thing else that i would need to make this upgrade?
A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 98 CC 36V to 48V upgrade

A resistor cart will handle the extra power but not much more than 48. You will also need the charger and a 4 volt solenoid.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I think roady89 meant to say "and a 48 volt solenoid".

I know scottyb upgraded one of his resistor carts that way, and had no problems for over a year (he upgraded to a controller after that if I remember reading right). So, it should be fine, unless your coils are already pretty shot. Upgrade your wiring too, to 4ga at least is what I'd recommend, as will others I'm sure.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-Electronics View Post
I think roady89 meant to say "and a 48 volt solenoid".

I know scottyb upgraded one of his resistor carts that way, and had no problems for over a year (he upgraded to a controller after that if I remember reading right). So, it should be fine, unless your coils are already pretty shot. Upgrade your wiring too, to 4ga at least is what I'd recommend, as will others I'm sure.
YEP ! 89 resistor cart....Came to me minus batteries.....just added six 8v trojans ( nothing else) and drove it hard for a year. During that time I lifted it and put bigger tires on it....Running well when I dismantled for my current project... It is getting a power dump cargo box now..Hee hee
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum A.D............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #6
A.D.
Gone Wild

Thanks for the help guys!!
A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car