lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2019, 09:01 PM   #271
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Default Re: 23 HP Engine placement concens

Added Disc Brakes up front for the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bk1.jpg (97.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Bk2.jpg (97.5 KB, 0 views)
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2020, 03:37 PM   #272
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Still trying to get my Jakes Disc Brake working correctly. We think they sent me the wrong M-Cylinder bracket for a G16. I am a little less than impressed!!

After installing the kit it did widen my front end a bit. I am now thinking about getting some rear tire spacers. Can anyone suggest anything? I am thinking probably 2 inch or 1 inch spacers. What is most common for a G16 with a long travel and disc brake front end? Any dangers with a spacer kit?
Old 01-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #273
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I've got this kind....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-2-4x4-W...cAAOSw8GtZTLgt
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:09 AM   #274
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I too have spacers on my cart, spent good money on them. It seems everyone and their brother are now making them and selling them on ebay. Beware! Watch this video, it makes sense. I know we are talking about golf carts and the weight and load isn't as much as on a full size truck, but just saying....beware....there are some bad ones out there.

Make sure you are buying:
*6061 billet aluminum or better
*cnc machined
*strong design
*reputable company

One cracked wheel spacer at 25 mph could cause a major crash, injury, even death. Just do your homework before you buy.

These are the ones I bought, from High Lifter. They are very thick around the bolt holes.
https://www.highlifter.com/wheel-spa...0-wt4-4-15.asp

BORA makes some really nice ones, very expensive though.

I wouldn't buy ebay wheel spacers unless I was absolutely sure I knew who was making them and that they were made correctly.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #275
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

I am looking at some options of having my cart body painted or hydro-dipped. Does any one know what kind of plastic a G16 body is made out of. ABS plastic or Polyethaline plastic. (or something like that).

Any Pros or Cons to either? I am thinking camo with the greens, black and brown.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha