lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #21
TheJoshHarding
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO RXV Voltage Reducer Wiring (solenoid?)

Will the Solenoid be able to power the setup sufficiently? I'm assuming I still need the reducer.

And is the advantage in using the Solenoid over the battery lead that it will shutoff after the ~20 minute time out?
TheJoshHarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #22
TheJoshHarding
Not Yet Wild

Note that I have a 30 amp reducer vs. a 20 and my draw would be roughly 20-25 amps normal
TheJoshHarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoshHarding View Post
Note that I have a 30 amp reducer vs. a 20 and my draw would be roughly 20-25 amps normal
The solenoid is fully capable of that load and much more.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:41 AM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And you definitely need the reducer. No car stereo stuff can be ran directly from 48v
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:46 PM   #25
Jerm070707
Not Yet Wild

Question 2012 rxv 20 amp reducer to be clear ground goes ground of Batts and then the power 48 v feed goes to the cylinoid post not the constant power lead now there's a nother wire says for 30 amp use only don't hook that wire to NE thing ? Thanks I'm color blind have a friend helping thanks in advance
Jerm070707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:48 PM   #26
cgtech

Yamaha

Converter 48v B+ goes to large solenoid terminal from solenoid to controller B+.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #27
Medik13
Not Yet Wild

Hello all. I hate to beat a dead horse but I am just getting into this with my new to me 2009 RXV. I ordered the 48v dc to dc converter and I now know to wire the green wire to the keyed bus bar terminal (other large post without the red power cable) of the solenoid. Do I mount the converters yellow + wire straight to the battery where the red + main wire is attached and the black - to the main black ground battery cable attaches to a different battery to keep it spread across the 48V?
Medik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:14 AM   #28
cgtech

Yamaha

All depends... there are so many different dc converters (that dont follow any "wire color rules"). Honestly, that makes little sense, as far as your colors go. Things like "green & yellow" could be anything, we dont know. You didnt give any details of what you have & where you got it, just a few color words.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:55 AM   #29
Medik13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
All depends... there are so many different dc converters (that dont follow any "wire color rules"). Honestly, that makes little sense, as far as your colors go. Things like "green & yellow" could be anything, we dont know. You didnt give any details of what you have & where you got it, just a few color words.
Fair enough. The 10L0L converters green wire is the keyed wire. Yellow wire is battery positive and black wire is battery’s ground. However, I am thinking I am just going to return this converter for a D-planet converter and run a toggle on the battery + side so I can Switch it on constant power when the cart is off.
Medik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:47 PM   #30
langnolen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Guys have no idea why this is confusing, but there are pics from Bob saying to use the small terminal(where small red wire comes off), then other pics saying to use large terminal where white wire goes to controller. I am helping a buddy who has 2014 ezgo rxv . Just to clarify: I have blue 30a voltage reducer(DC converter). Green-keyswitched +, Yellow- battery48v battery +, black-ground to battery negative, and blue for constant(memory/wont be used). I just wanted to make sure that yellow goes to +48v on battery, then green goes to solenoid where white wire comes off or where the small red wire comes off smaller terminal? Sorry in advance as its not my cart and yamaha g29 it so straight forward or any over cart for that matter. Respect to yall ezgo guys as that power break and controller are nuts.lol
langnolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO