lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2017, 12:55 AM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default 01 Bad Boy Buggie, Electric Brake/Micro Switch Purpose

First time with a BBB. Have an '01.Does anyone know where I can find an 01 wiring diagram? (I have an 06 diagram which is close).

This is my problem:

Between the key switch and the solenoid, there is an electric brake rocker switch (and the 06 diagram shows a Micro Switch) in series.

It appears the rocker switch AND micro-switch have to be closed for Solenoid to activate?

What exactly does closing the electric brake rocker switch do?

Where and what it the purpose of the micro switch?

I can make the cart run by taking power directly from key switch to the solenoid, bypassing the rocker and micro switch, so I think one or both those is the problem.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 01 Bad Boy Buggie, Electric Brake/Micro Switch Purpose

I would guess that the brake switch opens when the parking brake is set. It should close with no brake. Again, just guessing. I'd try bypassing it, if you have no DMM to check it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I would guess that the brake switch opens when the parking brake is set. It should close with no brake. Again, just guessing. I'd try bypassing it, if you have no DMM to check it.
Part of my confusion is that the rocker switch is labeled "electric brake". I really need a wiring diagram for the '01 BBB to see what is going on.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Or a DMM. Follow the voltage, and see where it stops.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Or a DMM. Follow the voltage, and see where it stops.
Yes, I have a fluke meter, and that is a strategy I usually try first. This one is not quite that simple (someone else worked on it before I did).

What I would like to understand is WHY the attached diagram (pink wire) shows power on BOTH sides of the micro-switch and electronic brake and just how/why that circuit works and what it does.?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BadBoy- Series Wiring pdf color.pdf (1.52 MB, 0 views)
Old 06-21-2017, 10:48 PM   #6
chadlogan112
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My bbb is an 05 or 06, and I'm not sure what the switch does. I have one for brakes, and one for auto 4wd and notice no difference when switched. Mine had a similar problem as yours and ended up being a tiny fuse. There are two on the cart near the controller, usually wrapped in wire loom and not very noticeable.
chadlogan112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:20 AM   #7
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlogan112 View Post
My bbb is an 05 or 06, and I'm not sure what the switch does. I have one for brakes, and one for auto 4wd and notice no difference when switched. Mine had a similar problem as yours and ended up being a tiny fuse. There are two on the cart near the controller, usually wrapped in wire loom and not very noticeable.
Ok, what is supposed to happen when you are driving and you turn off electric brake?

In my case, turning off electric brake kills the motors, but allows me to coast, that does not seem right. Should the cart motors still run with electric brake off?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:46 AM   #8
chadlogan112
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
Ok, what is supposed to happen when you are driving and you turn off electric brake?

In my case, turning off electric brake kills the motors, but allows me to coast, that does not seem right. Should the cart motors still run with electric brake off?
Like I said, apparently neither switches on my dash function as I can flip them either direction, and there is no change. Currently when I let off the gas, mine brakes automatically. I'd assume with the switch turned off, this should delete that function, and allow it to free roll like a standard golf cart.
chadlogan112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #9
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone ever figure out how the brake switch is supposed to be wired and operate? Currently on my BBB Classic, the brake switch doesn't seem to do anything. The cart always brakes when I let off the gas, just like chadlogan112. Since I don't use this cart off road, I would love to just disable the engine brake completely.
NOLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:04 PM   #10
calebmccord12@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Anyone Ever figure anything out on your buggy stopping to quickly? I have a 2006 and when I let off the gas without pushing the break it stops very fast. Way to fast. Anyone have a solution?
calebmccord12@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO