lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 07:14 AM   #21
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Who hear thinks they can be honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggyboy View Post
Along those lines I took a top secret Microsoft employment test. I was able to talk my way to a perfect 100%. The discussion was about this question:

Why are manhole covers round?

I answered because the hole in the ground was round.

Microsoft thought the answer was so they couldn't fall inside.

So that begets the question why is the hole in the ground round?

To which the logical answer is: Because the covers are round so they fit properly however they’re placed over the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2019, 07:41 AM   #22
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Who hear thinks they can be honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkredman View Post

To which the logical answer is: Because the covers are round so they fit properly however they’re placed over the hole.

Agreed. So I engendered them to change or add that.

But I think it highlights how communications are interpreted. Our experiences teach us all differently.

Do you know when creativity disappears in most people?

@ 5 or 6 years old. Know why? We go to school and that's how it starts to go away. We conform.

Answer this question. What law is it a local law, state law, or a federal law that dictates "you can't color outside the lines?"
Old 07-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #23
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Who hear thinks they can be honest

Quote:
Agreed.

Answer this question. What law is it a local law, state law, or a federal law that dictates "you can't color outside the lines?"

Unfortunately it’s worse!

It’s a societal law because people are conditioned to be uncomfortable with diversity.

Yet I digress from the theme of this thread.

OBTW when appropriate i intentionally ‘color outside your lines.’

Old 07-25-2019, 12:01 PM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hopefully we all know the correct answer to the manhole question, it is the most efficient shape that does not allow the cover to fall in the hole it covers.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #25
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Original question

Quote:
Along those lines I took a top secret Microsoft employment test. I was able to talk my way to a perfect 100%. The discussion was about this question:

Why are manhole covers round?
Replies:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Hopefully we all know the correct answer to the manhole question, it is the most efficient shape that does not allow the cover to fall in the hole it covers.
The original question was manhole cover. Logic and the correct answer is to make the cover the size and shape of the hole.

The dictionary defines manhole like this:

noun
a small covered opening in a floor, pavement, or other surface to allow a person to enter, especially an opening in a city street leading to a sewer.

Manhole covers from wikipedia

Other manhole shapes can be found, usually squares or rectangles. Nashua, New Hampshire, may be unique in the United States for having triangular manhole covers that point in the direction of the underlying flow. In 2011, the city was gradually phasing out the triangles,[9] which were made by a local foundry, because they were not large enough to meet modern safety standards and a manufacturer for larger triangles could not be found.[10]
Some manhole covers in Hamilton, Bermuda, are triangular, and hinged. Some triangular water-main covers also exist in San Francisco.[11]

I hope this clears that up.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:36 PM   #26
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Somebody else feels the need to color outside our lines.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #27
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Somebody else feels the need to color outside our lines.

Actually I was using facts, and logic. I believe proper thinking is research and/or knowledge. But, I'm happy you are providing more examples about making mistakes. Sorry you feel the way you do.
Photo added:
Scrapped manholes and covers of various shapes at a road work in Brastad, Sweden
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1920px-Scrapped_manholes_and_covers_in_Brastad.jpg (854.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2019, 02:59 PM   #28
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Big Chief, Shawn, Monza, and Doc sent me this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg okc manhole.jpg (213.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Technically any shape larger than the round hole (square, triangular, etc) would cover the hole, so being round is not required, but a round shape would be the most efficient shape to safely cover the hole.

A reuleaux triangle would be the other "safe" and efficient shape that shares similar characteristics.

I think those kind of questions are typically used to figure out your though process and reasoning more than the actual answer.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #30
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Technically any shape larger than the round hole (square, triangular, etc) would cover the hole, so being round is not required, but a round shape would be the most efficient shape to safely cover the hole.

A reuleaux triangle would be the other "safe" and efficient shape that shares similar characteristics.

I think those kind of questions are typically used to figure out your though process and reasoning more than the actual answer.
So your saying they didn't want an actual answer. Didn't you say "Hopefully we all know the correct answer to the manhole question, it is the most efficient shape that does not allow the cover to fall in the hole it covers." ?

Psychology has many tests to figure out your though (thought) process and reasoning. It wasn't a Psych test. Besides for having several Comp.Science. degrees the advised I was given in school was to minor in psychology and Spanish. That way I/we could make computers think like people. It was good advise to learn Spanish based on it's use. Even here in the USA the language is spoken extensively.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO