lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
silveradoltz
Not Yet Wild

Default Troubleshooting TXT with Alltrax

Need the experts advice here please. Working on a friend's 2002 TXT series cart. It's 48 v with Alltrax AXE 4865. The solenoid and F/R switch are stock. He has had an intermittent issue where it would not run. When it came to me it was in a WNR state after some basic testing and studying I raised it up on stands and for whatever reason it started to run. After a short drive it stopped again briefly and restarted after wiggling the cables on the F/R switch. Thought I had it then and cleaned and tightened all connections. After sitting around my garage for several days while installing some accessories it went into WNR mode again. I had raised the cart again to replace the rear brakes and for giggles hit the pedal and it was dead. After troubleshooting per all of the great posts here ( solenoid and micro-switches are all testing ok) it lead me the ITS under the floor. About .04 volts is all I can get. I've check it at the floor switch and at the controller pin. If I'm correct it should be 10 volts for the Alltrax. This is new territory for me and sometimes don't trust what I'm seeing. Don't want to buy unnecessary parts and is a stock ITS all I need for the Alltrax? Thanks
silveradoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Troubleshooting TXT with Alltrax

A laptop and a serial cable would come in very helpful here.. The Alltrax toolkit would help a great deal. If no, look at the led on the controller and make sure it blinks 4 green then solid green. Once the pedal is pushed all the way to the floor it will turn amber if the ITS is working correctly. Check the 4 pin molex plug going to the pedal box as well. Many problems can occur there.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:54 PM   #3
silveradoltz
Not Yet Wild

I've checked and cleaned the molex plug. I'm pretty sure the led stays green when the pedal is depressed. I check again in the am. Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:49 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The ITS voltage for Alltrax controllers is 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and 6V with pedal on floor.

Voltage is measured between the White wire and Black wire while they are connected to the controller.

Yes, the Alltrax uses a stock EZGO ITS sensor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:45 AM   #5
silveradoltz
Not Yet Wild

Confirmed that the green LED stays green when the pedal is depressed. Thanks -
Old 07-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
silveradoltz
Not Yet Wild

Replaced the ITS inducer. Same voltage as before and I know I have full pack voltage at the pedal. Could I have gotten a bad inducer? It was made in China! I have also checked continuity through the molex plug and even checked the voltage at the controller. Same results. Arghhh
Old 07-25-2019, 12:01 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Contact Alltrax for help troubleshooting the ITS circuit on a AXE.

I'm not sure what the open circuit voltage ought to be, just that it is 10V pedal up and 6V pedal down as measured BETWEEN the black and white wires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO