lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: RXV Speed Sweet Spot

No such switch for the stock Curtis controller. Be careful about lifting an rxv. They don’t like it in my opinion.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2019, 03:58 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

We've been experimenting with using 2Five controllers for an RXV, which gives us 2 modes of operation. There are costs involved in finding and buying the 2Five controller and harness with the mode switch connector.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:09 PM   #13
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
We've been experimenting with using 2Five controllers for an RXV, which gives us 2 modes of operation. There are costs involved in finding and buying the 2Five controller and harness with the mode switch connector.
is it better then my 350 curtis??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Dave1888188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1888188 View Post
No, it is a 235 Amp controller. There may be a 350 Amp upgrade for the 2Five. I've not looked into it. They do have the regular Curtis upgrade for the Danaher 2Five. I know, I have one here.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #15
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

[quote=BobBoyce;1654409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1888188 View Post

No, it is a 235 Amp controller. There may be a 350 Amp upgrade for the 2Five. I've not looked into it. They do have the regular Curtis upgrade for the Danaher 2Five. I know, I have one here.
Ty Bob. If it's faster I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Dave1888188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:01 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I actually don't think the 2five controller is any faster, only that it adds a switch for 2 modes (rabbit & turtle). The 2five gets its extra speed from different gears than the RXVs stock 16.99:1 gears (I think 2five is 14.5:1 ratio). A stock, but "tuned" 2five is horsepower limited to making about 34mph and just can't push any more rpms. A stock , but "tuned" rxv is RPM limited, the controller won't allow the motor to spin above about 9600, even tho it still has enough power to do more if the controller would allow. This does not apply to new 2019.5 "7.0 software" RXVs, they won't spin 9600 (as far as we have found yet, without significantly changing the software).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:31 PM   #17
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
No such switch for the stock Curtis controller. Be careful about lifting an rxv. They don’t like it in my opinion.
I’m definitely not trying to argue with the people here, as I came here to ask questions and you people definitely know more than I do. But the majority of carts I see have a lift and people seem to love them. Even the cart in your profile picture looks like it has a small lift, even though it appears to be a TXT. I truly only want enough height so my 20 x 10 x 12 tires won’t scrub and rub my brush guard. Without a lift of some sort, they will The shortest lift I can find is a 2.5 inch AllSports and the guys at the cart shop I’ve learned to trust say they’ve had great luck with it, it doesn’t affect turning radius at all and the ride is actually better and more stable than stock. They also say that the Jakes 3 inch lift sucks on an RXV, and that the 5 and 6 inch do cause issues. Just trying to sort through the facts and not make a mistake.
mayberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:31 PM   #18
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

That being said, I’m definitely going to get him to slow it down a little when I take it back in. 29 mph is just a little too fast and it doesn’t track well going down the road.
mayberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:57 PM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I actually don't think the 2five controller is any faster, only that it adds a switch for 2 modes (rabbit & turtle). The 2five gets its extra speed from different gears than the RXVs stock 16.99:1 gears (I think 2five is 14.5:1 ratio). A stock, but "tuned" 2five is horsepower limited to making about 34mph and just can't push any more rpms. A stock , but "tuned" rxv is RPM limited, the controller won't allow the motor to spin above about 9600, even tho it still has enough power to do more if the controller would allow. This does not apply to new 2019.5 "7.0 software" RXVs, they won't spin 9600 (as far as we have found yet, without significantly changing the software).
The 2Five gear ratio is 14.76:1 according to the Textron breakdown of the rear axle assembly. Remember when I mentioned before that the RXV/2Five motor is capable of running at up to 12,000 RPM?

They limit it to 9500 via VCL, but it is not a hard limit. If you remember my 2012 Curtis RXV WOT runaway, it reached 12,000 RPM...

I checked, and 7.0 has the same flaw in the VCL. It was never fixed because I did not report it to them. I'll stop reporting future flaws I find to them as well, so they can be exploited. I'll need to call you and let you know how to exploit it.

Bob
Old 09-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes, great to hear you have played around in the 7.0 software. I knew the controller hardware itself is technically capable of 12k, but the software doesn't do it.... (Yes, I said "WOW" when I looked through the file, with its max rpm, that didn't go unnoticed). I have that file printed out, with yellow marker & notes! (With a stock copy for comparison). I went through it line by line.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO