lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #41
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bringing life to used batteries

I'd likely be out at least a couple pairs of blue jeans and shirts by the time it would be done too... I'll go buy some new batteries!
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #42
mastrich
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtide361 View Post
Ya it really wasn't much money around 50 bucks total and on a effort scale of 1-10 its prolly a 5. Only reason being is that they weigh 60 pounds. Lol lucky im on the stronger side but I could see how that would pose a problem for most.
And btw once they are finished and in the cart I'll know the truth and so will all of you. I will also post about the longevity accordingly.
we need more myth busters, please use ppe, ya don't want that **** in your eyes
mastrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:42 PM   #43
redtide361
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ya I bought new batteries Saturday and I'm just trying the battery rejuvenation almost as a experiment. That I have been conducting very seriously and i used great donor batteries, so if it doesn't work we will all know. I'd just like them to be worth putting in my chopped and dropped 36v series cart. Which brings up a question can I use a 7th battery to equal 42v in a ezgo 06 txt series cart with out blowing anything out ?
redtide361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:55 AM   #44
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

AvE "safety squints" wont save your eyes! Foggy safety glasses are easier to deal with than "lost eyesight in an eye". (Rub dryer sheets on them glasses, less fog & zero static cling, no joke).

I once had liquid bleach in my eyes as a kid. I thought "well, this is it, guess sight will be a thing of the past". Dont be that dummy.... trust me, bleach is far worse than gasoline or brake cleaner in the eyes. The whole "flush with water for 15 minutes" thing did totally apply that time. Never had battery acid in my eyes, and dont want to.....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #45
rib33024

It never hurts to try. Hope they work for you Just be safe doing it. It's a Dangerous job

Quote:
I'm just trying the battery rejuvenation almost as a experiment. That I have been conducting very seriously and i used great donor batteries, so if it doesn't work we will all know.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #46
rib33024

Quote:
Ya I bought new batteries Saturday
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:09 PM   #47
SlowwPoke
Not Yet Wild

How did the experiment work out?
SlowwPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:23 AM   #48
redtide361
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Guys sorry about going MIA I was super busy with work. But I did do all the cleaning and all the pure acid refills correctly charged etc got all batteries to hold around 6.2 - 6.3 VDC. But the amps aren't right they have no ability to preform like they should. I installed six of them into my 36v txt and it drove good for about a mile or two. Long story short guys. DO NOT waste your time and money unless your skeptical like I was. I promise you I preformed legitimate cleaning, refills, recharges and countless tests. You WILL waste your time and money. But I'm glad I know 100% for sure there is NO
Bringing life back to old batteries 8(
redtide361 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v, 48v, batteries, battery, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO