lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 06:25 PM   #1
Rook313
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 EZGO RXV solenoid/ brake issue

Hello all. I have a 2009 EZGO RXV giving me issues, I have been researching these threads and seen many similar problems and a great deal of advice on troubleshooting similar problems. The cart has new batteries, less then a month old. All batteries read 12.9 volts and 51.3V as a pack (this is 24 hours after charge). When I turn key I get several clicks (clicks from solenoid and from motor area) and a shutter in the cart but it will not move forward or reverse. Reverse buzzer sounds as normal. I checked connectivity on solenoid with no power and with power and seems to be testing normal from what I have researched. When I switch cart from run to tow with cart in neutral the brake does not release. The only way I can get motor brake to release is by swapping the connections under seat. I want to say it is the motor brake but wanted to hear others advice before I spend that money. Is there any way to check the brake at all? Anything else I need to check/test that hasn’t been mentioned? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Also the cart is stock, no lift. Only thing I have added was a “plug and play” battery gauge in the dash.
Rook313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
Rook313
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 EZGO RXV solenoid/ brake issue

Nothing? Anything else to check before replacing the motor brake?
Old 05-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Check the speed sensor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 43.jpg (72.6 KB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #4
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook313 View Post
Nothing? Anything else to check before replacing the motor brake?
Sounds like a motor brake. You can try pulling back on the brake and accelerator when you turn the key. Sometimes trash keeps them from returning all the way up.

Use an Ezgo standard brake 610065 if you can find one. I think Ezgo is replacing that one with #617766. Don't use an aftermarket brake. I haven't bought one for a while but Ebay always had the best prices.

If your cart has the small solenoid that is hard wired in the harness you should replace it with the separate 36 volt solenoid even if you think it is good. Ezgo #609428.

When you replace the brake make sure the bolts are good. If they are damaged or have any corrosion they can cause the brake to drag. Tighten the bolts evenly to 40-50 inch/lbs. If you don't have a torque wrench only tighten them until they are snug and the lock washers are compressed. Tightening them too much will cause the brake to fail. Tighten the brake bolts with the key in neutral and the tow switch in tow. The brake has to be released when you tighten the bolts.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:44 PM   #5
Rook313
Not Yet Wild

Sorry guys my Pool pump went out and then my home AC unit but the dust. As such my cart got put on the back burner for a while. Just wanted to update that it’s fixed and running great. After all the searching, reading and testing to try and pin point the problem I accidentally fixed it, it was the electrical plug under the cup holder. Not even sure what that does but after moving it around trying to get the floorboard up tonight it now runs great. Drove it a little while messing with it and sure enough it would lock the brake up when moved. Tightened it up and runs perfect.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:13 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Tightened up your motor brake bolts? If so, that's likely a receipe for disaster.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #7
Rook313
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Tightened up your motor brake bolts? If so, that's likely a receipe for disaster.
Tighten up the electrical plug that was causing the failure. Didnt touch the brake
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO