lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #1
joecarideo
Not Yet Wild

Default Add USB Ports with Voltage meter

I am new to this forum and I'm sure this question has been asked a hundred times, but I just have to ask it one more time.
I have a 2003 48 volt Club Car DS. I want to add a USB Port with a volt meter. What voltage reducer do I need to run a 5v USB port? And what would the wiring look like?
joecarideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2020, 08:36 PM   #2
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Add USB Ports with Voltage meter

Get separate devices. Any USB device with a volt meter will only show the voltage of the reducer you have it hooked to. Any 10A 48V to 12V reducer will work for just a USB port but I'd get one with a sense line that only turns the reducer on when the key switch is on. Then hook up a USB device like this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to the 12V output of the reducer. Next get a digital volt meter and hook it to the cold side of the key switch (+) and B- side of the controller (-). This way the volt meter will give you pack voltage and turn off with the key switch. BTW. The cold side of the key switch is the side without power when the key switch is off. You can get a good battery meter here (https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html). Personally, I'd spend the extra money to get a 30A reducer rather than a 10A just in case you want to add other accessories later. You can click on the Site Sponsors link at the top of the page and find a good reducer. Lastly, the USB port from Amazon will convert your 12V from the reducer to a 5V output for your cell phone, etc.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also, Welcome to the forum.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #4
joecarideo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. I'll be giving it a try!
joecarideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car