lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
mycamel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Occasional Stutter with Alltrax

I have a 2003 Ezgo, 36V, TXT with a 5 year old Alltrax XCT controller. Batteries are 2 years old (Trojan 105). Motor was replaced with a DE-4007 from buggies unlimited in May of this year. Cables are all kept clean and are oversized. This issue preceded the new batteries and motor.

It does not happen consistently or often enough to be a huge deal, but I worry about being stranded at some point. It happens when i start of from a dead stop. It will stutter and sometimes take off and go in a second or two. Sometimes I have to turn the key off and back on. That clears it up and away we go.

I guess my question is; Is this a known problem? Is there something I'm missing. Tomorrow, I am going to check the contactor coil diode. If it is open, I might be getting a spike to the controller. Other than that, I am looking for HELP......
mycamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Occasional Stutter with Alltrax

Is this an XCT version 2 with the USB 1 port? If yes you could collect a monitor file and post it here. That might give a hint as to what is happening when it stutters.

I assume you have an in dash battery meter and the pack voltage is not jumping around when the problem presents itself
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #3
mycamel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The USB port is kinda square with chamfered corners. Looks like a printer port. I've attached to most recent monitor file. I've never really looked at the battery voltage monitor while it's happening. Just installed new 1/0 cables from battery to controller. Still does it. Battery cables are doubled up 4 ga cables between cells. I'm guessing voltage drop is not a problem.

Thanks for the quick reply...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor_KS.zip (3.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-21-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Was it doing it in any of that file? I don't see motor rpm dropping off that hard any time
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:30 PM   #5
mycamel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No. That file was written after a update to the field map file from Alltrax. It happens about once every 300 start / stops. I wish I could have a continuous monitor going on and save it when it happens again.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #6
mycamel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ordered and installed a new I.T.S. today. for $22 on amazon, I can hopefully eliminate one variable.

I'll post back if this fixes it.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Just curious if during any part of your upgrades, did you perform any part of wire crimps?

I only ask as I had a situation similar to this, and the culprit was one of MY wire crimps of the F\R contacting reversers power lead. I found it by jacking up the cart, giving it a small amount of throttle and then "shaking" every little wire that was under the seat.

I found it.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:01 PM   #8
mycamel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Just curious if during any part of your upgrades, did you perform any part of wire crimps?

I only ask as I had a situation similar to this, and the culprit was one of MY wire crimps of the F\R contacting reversers power lead. I found it by jacking up the cart, giving it a small amount of throttle and then "shaking" every little wire that was under the seat.

I found it.

FWIW
I've made multiple crimps over the years....It may well be one of those. I might take the cart down to the frame when it's too cold to golf. The power wiring is A-OK. All the small wires could use a redo.

UPDATE.....The new $22 ITP sensor lasted 6 holes. The cart started shaking violently at low throttle. It took a few tries, but figured out that If I floored it, the cart would take off without a stutter....I limped it home (at full throttle) . I hooked up laptop and the Alltrax monitor screen showed the throttle at 100% without even touching the pedal. I assume the cheap knockoffs are not "copied" correctly or just built crappy. I tried to clear the Auto-Calibration, but it always came back showing 100% throttle

I put the old sensor back on and reset the auto calibration. Monitor screen looks normal. So far so good. I keep a tow strap under the seat of the cart. I'm trying to not have to use it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO