lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2020, 02:27 PM   #21
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: cart won't run

georgia088, .6v on 4 & 20v on 5. Thx
boandbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #22
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I agree jb is the man but my two cents. Flip the cart to tow and check your switches at the harness. Pull plug j4 and check for continuity across red and green with the pedal pushed. If yes your pedal switch is good. Now pull plug j1. Check pins 8 and 9 for continuity with the key on. If yes key switch is good. Now pin 1-3 for forward and 1-2 for reverse. Now check pin 4 and 5 for pack voltage. I would also check the run tow switch for continuity across the appropriate wires. Make sure to put it back on tow before you plug it back in.
I check 8 & 9 on no continuity. Switch bad? All other checks you mentioned checked good. Thanks,
Old 08-29-2020, 02:49 PM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If key is on and you have no continuity on those pins in the harness you either you have a bad switch or the wires between.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #24
georgia088
Gone Wild

If no continuity between 8 and 9 with key switch on; yes, I would say switch is bad, but something isn’t adding up with your voltages on 4 and 5. Pins 4 and 5 should read same voltages as voltages you are getting at the red wire and red/white wire on the tow/run switch. Me personally, if I thought I had checked the key switch good and it was bad, I would turn the tow/run switch to tow and jump across the key switch (bypass) key switch; turn tow/run back to run to test if key switch is problem. If it is the cart should run. I am thinking you may have more than just a bad key switch. ( maybe not)
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #25
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, i'll try this.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:19 PM   #26
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

Sorry if I confused. Hard to keep up with pin #'s. 4 & 5 have pack voltage. No continuity with switch on for 8 & 9. I did jumper the key switch without disconnecting the existing wire and the cart did not work. Tow switch in run position. Thanks for all this help.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #27
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

How many volts is supposed to go to the key switch? Can I temp run a wire from the battery to the switch to see if I have a bad wire in the harness? I have no voltage at the switch.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:37 PM   #28
georgia088
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by boandbabs View Post
Sorry if I confused. Hard to keep up with pin #'s. 4 & 5 have pack voltage. No continuity with switch on for 8 & 9. I did jumper the key switch without disconnecting the existing wire and the cart did not work. Tow switch in run position. Thanks for all this help.
If you don’t have continuity at key and you jumped across Leaving existing wires on? Do you have continuity with the key jumped across? If you still don’t you must have a broken wire/bad connection between key and controller. According to schematic it is a yellow and white wire. Check for broken wire or bad connection. If nothing, something in controller is not working properly.

Plus we confirmed that you have pack voltage on green wire at f/r switch when in forward correct?

And we confirmed no pack voltage at key switch correct?

You did plug plug that you are checking key switch for continuity back in the controller to test cart right?
Old 08-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #29
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post
If you don’t have continuity at key and you jumped across Leaving existing wires on? Do you have continuity with the key jumped across? If you still don’t you must have a broken wire/bad connection between key and controller. According to schematic it is a yellow and white wire. Check for broken wire or bad connection. If nothing, something in controller is not working properly.

Plus we confirmed that you have pack voltage on green wire at f/r switch when in forward correct? Yes

And we confirmed no pack voltage at key switch correct? Correct

You did plug plug that you are checking key switch for continuity back in the controller to test cart right?
Correct

I also have no voltage on 8 and 2 volts on 9 at the controller pins with the harness unplugged and in run position. But still no continuity to the switch.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:52 PM   #30
georgia088
Gone Wild

Ok. It sounds to me like the incoming wire to the key switch is either broken or bad connection. Or controller is not doing it’s thing and sending the power from the green or orange wire that it is receiving when cart is in either forward or reverse.... so....if you can’t find a broken wire or bad connection.......

Before I say this I am going to warn you. I am a dumb red neck.... but if it were mine. Yes, I would put voltage (I think it’s pack voltage) (what is voltage on green wire at f/r?) on the input side of the key switch and see if cart works that way. Bc it seems that if there is no broken wire or bad connection then controller is going bad anyway.... what are you going to hurt?

I know someone will come along and scold me for this advice, but it’s what I would do. It may be 100% wrong! So, take it for what it’s worth. I am sure kg or Johnnieb can help more if you wait on them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO