lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2020, 08:20 AM   #1
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT Wiring from the charger port

Hi All,

Question is - Do some cart charging wires run to under the controller cover? I have always seen the white wire from charging receptacle running to the positive side and the black wire running to the negative side of the pack. I have not remover the controller cover yet but everything I read says both wires go to the pack.

Any info is appreciated.
John
Johnv 410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Wiring from the charger port

Some TXTs with series (not sepex)electronics had a different controller that was mounted vertically and not reclined in the aluminum finned heat sink. The cover on these was large and together with the top hat cover over the the F/R switch covered most everything on the passenger side of the cart. However the wires from the charge port still went to the batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9170330.JPG (271.2 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Kernal. A friend sent me an email stating he had changed the batteries in the cart but since then the charger keeps blowing the fuse. I asked him to send me pictures of the batteries so I could make sure everything was wired correctly, and noticed the white/black wires from the charging port was not connect to the 2 batteries on the passenger side. When I asked about the wires he sent a video of him following the wires coming off the back of the charging receptacle inside the wire loom and it appeared they were running inside the black controller box. I do not see the 2 charging wires anywhere on the batteries in the photo. I have not actually seen the cart so everything is through the photos. Any more thoughts?
Old 08-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Oh the cart appears to be stock with the original controller cover. The cart still runs so the issue is more the charger keeps blowing the fuse.

Thanks again
Old 08-31-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Many carts back in the day ran the charger wires the the positive or Large wire on the solenoid and the negative to the B- on the controller which are both directly wired to the two main batteries. This is most likely the case in your case...when you say the charger is blowing the fuse do you mean the 50 amp fuse inside the charger? This is normally due to a bad diode inside the charger if so.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:07 PM   #6
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Camaroluvz,

The charger is a Lester Lestronic 2. I am not sure what fuse he is talking about but I was assuming it was the one that is visible on the front of the charger inside the sight glass. Well, that is good to know about wiring directly inside the controller cover. I have never seen one like that. He did say the carts still runs though.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:11 PM   #7
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

ah yes I assumed you had the stock Powerwise charger my bad
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:18 PM   #8
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Well since the cart still runs I will just grab the charger up and take it to get checked.

Thanks again
Old 08-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I believe it was when some junior engineering summer intern at EZGO came up with the insane idea of the reed switch in the charging port that they started running the charge cables to the battery pack.

Here's is a schematic showing the charge cables going to the solenoid's battery side large terminal and the controller's B- terminal.

Also attached a manual and T-shooting guide for a Lester-II
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Medalist Series - No Reed Switch - Schematic.JPG (72.4 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PW-II.pdf (1.59 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf troubleshootingguide.pdf (62.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:03 AM   #10
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, JohnnieB! You are always a great help.

John
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO