lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2020, 09:44 PM   #1
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Default Txt dcs vs pds vs 48

Ill start by saying 'm a total newbie to ezgo txt's....i know the dcs and pds are 36v, and the 48 is 48v, however, can someone explain the differences between them, and also the pros and cons of each?Thank you.
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2020, 03:46 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Txt dcs vs pds vs 48

DCS was their "first version" of Sepex carts, it was a bit crude, and maybe "under-develpoed" (but compared to CC "regen 1", maybe not). It had a real decent factory motor, but lacked in the controller area (bean-counters made the controller cheap). It didnt have a motor "speed sensor". PDS was the next version, the first motors had "2 bolts per stator shoe" (better motors), got cheapened-up later. Had a motor speed sensor. The common theme here was "bean-counter spec" controllers (everyone did/does this). Speckd' just good enough for golf (since they all are building "golf carts"). The factory offered a 19mph version of all sepex carts PDS & newer, and they're all capable of more than 19mph. There was a HD version for Series models, but not Sepex models, both offered at the same time (generally speaking ). Then, about 2009 (?) They went to 48v only. After that, all models were Sepex (I'm not 100% sure, because by that time, the RXV was the model we primarily sold for ezgo lineup). It (the TXT 48v) still is available, and some dealers sell plenty of them, we dont sell many 48v TXTs. I'm betting your asking because you want to know "which one should I look for", for a good deal to "build & sell", or which one offers the best potential to buy used. To get "cheap speed", all the Sepex carts are fairly close (22-25 mph) with stock motors. (Not stock controllers, close to stock size tires). They all can benefit from bigger 4G cables, and all 36v models desperately need a better solenoid (it was pretty bad). None of the stock 36v motors appreciate controllers above 400a for the long haul, and I bet the 48v stock motors dont either. The 36v PDS motors are most happy at 42v, not 48v. Here's a nugget that'll save you money in the long run, dont do high speed gears to get your extra speed, it's a death sentence for your stock parts (stock motor & controller). Spend the money & do it right. You'll get better performance all the way around. Better speed up the hills, longer motor & controller life, just less problems.

The newer RXV & Yamaha AC carts have much, much more "locked up" potential sitting in them, waiting to be used. It has been exploited on rxvs widely (they have been "cracked"), yamahas only with a controller swap (yamahas "toyota" controller isnt "cracked" yet).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:05 PM   #3
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Default Re: Txt dcs vs pds vs 48

Thanks my friend. As per usual, your reply had everything g I was looking for.
I have a TON of 06-08 builders available to me, mostly pds carts, which from what I've seen is decent because they'll do 19 with the cheap freedom plug, which makes most (average consumers) satisfied.
I'm keeping two of the txts for myself, one with a predator670/Vegas carts swap, the other with a full navitas 600a 5k swap. Both with express s4 bodies, profit halo leds lights, rhox 7" bmf lifts, riding on 26" swamper style tires.

I also got a few rxvs im going to build one of which wil bea street runner with a navitas 600a controller (the stock curtis was pulled out)

About the yamahas, I have a 13' drive here as well im building, navitas ac, 14s on 20" stinger tires, no lift, 64v, high speed gears, blue havoc body. Shes already been named - road runner.

At first I was bummed to build anything other that ckub cars. But mow.im excited for the different experiences. Should be fun.

Thank you for your informative reply
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO