lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
Carl G
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage Question

FF512A9B-77E1-49C2-B8E0-FA51CFAC40BF.jpg

B131C547-1AE9-4A92-ACBB-3FF76FC27422.jpg

I just replaced my controller to the Navitas 440A. My question is the app shows less voltage than my voltmeter. Hopefully these pictures attached and you can see the difference. Also, during the test drive I saw less performance vs stock. Except for regen. Makes me wonder if that meter can be that far off. All batteries test to 6.31 while resting. Any help would be great. Thanks

Carl
Carl G is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage Question

The handheld DVM is measuring the voltage between the battery pack's main negative and main positive terminals while the controller app is showing the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals.

Also, the solenoid contacts are not closed and those two readings won't be the same unless the contacts are closed. Even then, they may not read exactly the same since two different voltmeter circuits are used.

However, I think an 8.6V difference is more than should be seen with the solenoid contacts open, but I might be wrong.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:24 AM   #3
Carl G
Not Yet Wild

Ok. I’m not sure what to do from here. I replaced the solenoid last week so it should be good. So the DVM is showing what the batteries have as a charge. But the controller isn’t seeing the same thing? I understood the app would show batter charge. And with there not being any performance increase with this upgrade, I am at a loss. It’s like the controller won’t work right because it’s not seeing 38V.
Thanks for the response.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:26 AM   #4
Carl G
Not Yet Wild

No idea what changed but now the voltages match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0BB6CA55-1450-4F09-A127-4FCB40B9425D.jpg (42.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-25-2020, 11:50 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What was the stock drive type, Series or Sepex?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:32 PM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Voltage Question

What gear setting you have in it? Tire size? It gives you a bunch of settings you need to check and on mine I found it didn't always take the changes made. I had to go back and do it again. Check all the settings to make sure.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #7
Carl G
Not Yet Wild

The drive type is dcs. Everything is stock on this cart. I left the run/tow switch on tow for about 30 minutes and it seemed to be fine. I don’t know what happened. It’s just odd to me. I’ll see how it does when it warms up. To cold in OK to drive it right now 😂. But the solenoid clicks now and the cart moves so we’ll see.

Tags
36v ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO