lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #21
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: PQ bandit are they ok to get wet?

Klowin 03,

All the advice everybody has given you is correct, I have a PQ Bandit on my 48 volt series Club Car. I hunt in GA and it gets pretty dang muddy and wet! I have driven my cart numerous times through wet areas over 14" deep. A couple of times water was up to my floor. I havent had any probs with my Bandit! But I wish I would have spent the extra and bought a torque motor. I'm shopping for one right know, my Bandit is the weakest link now because I have upgraded everything else. My Bandit pulls 25" tires with a 500 amp controller/ HD Solenoid /2 guage wires/ hd F&R and I haven't been able to burn it up in 7 months.

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #22
klownin_03
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Klowin 03,

All the advice everybody has given you is correct, I have a PQ Bandit on my 48 volt series Club Car. I hunt in GA and it gets pretty dang muddy and wet! I have driven my cart numerous times through wet areas over 14" deep. A couple of times water was up to my floor. I havent had any probs with my Bandit! But I wish I would have spent the extra and bought a torque motor. I'm shopping for one right know, my Bandit is the weakest link now because I have upgraded everything else. My Bandit pulls 25" tires with a 500 amp controller/ HD Solenoid /2 guage wires/ hd F&R and I haven't been able to burn it up in 7 months.

Steve
I am trying to keep my stock controller and stuff is there a better motor option for me that I can keep everything stock? I am upgrading all my cables to 4 gauge as week speak
klownin_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Bandits are great motors to use with stock controllers.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #24
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Whats your tire size? In my humble opinion your not going to be happy with a stock controller for a hunting cart. Yes the Bandit works great with a stock controller, but if you get the Bandit now in the future your going to wish you had the torque motor. Also I would do larger wires then 4 guage. I look at it like your building the cart for the future upgrades.. you gotta pay to play..
Steve
Old 08-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #25
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Those are the golfers that never get off the cart to search for there balls...
I never get off my cart to search for my balls either.......
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #26
klownin_03
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Whats your tire size? In my humble opinion your not going to be happy with a stock controller for a hunting cart. Yes the Bandit works great with a stock controller, but if you get the Bandit now in the future your going to wish you had the torque motor. Also I would do larger wires then 4 guage. I look at it like your building the cart for the future upgrades.. you gotta pay to play..
Steve
I am running 23/10/10 dirt devil tires what are prices for other torque motors u speak of also what's a affordable controller run. If I ran my cart stock motor controller for a year then maybe I could do it but right now I have to much going on with trying to build a house
klownin_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

klowin-03,

Your going to have to shop around, there are some great sponsers who suport this website. If I was building a house the difference I would be shoping for material & labor would be enough to build one bad cart! In your case you might want to start with
a controller 1st, check out Scotty B.
Good luck,
Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car