lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default 2010 Precedent top speed

With the code changed to code 4 the fastest, can it hit 20 mph?

New Trojan 875's 48v
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
cmar143
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 Precedent top speed

Yes stock with code 4 is 19-20mph
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
lampooner1
Not Yet Wild

My 2009 Precedent does 19-20 on GPS on flat road with "1 big me" onboard.
lampooner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
LJ12530
Gone Wild

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I wrote the following summary of the issue and sent it to a guy based on a question he asked.

Does this pretty much sum up the issue, or do I have something wrong?
I ask because I've read quite a few old threads and found slightly different response.

Here's the deal. There is such a thing as a high speed magnet mod that can be used with the Club Car IQ system. That is what you have since I noted the serial number starts with PQ.

There are 4 speed codes that can be programmed into the cart. Code 4 allows the cart to go 19.6 MPH. You will note that when you go down a hill the cart will not keep going faster and faster. That is the motor becoming a generator limiting the speed to 19.6 MPH.

Some folks want their cart to go faster, but they don't want to spend the approx $100 dealers charge to load Code 4. If you are running code 3 you can purchase a magnet mod that simply cuts the number of pulses per motor revolution "fooling" the controller. The magnet is about $20 or so.

If you are running Code 4 your are getting the max of 19.6 MPH from the cart. Adding the magnet to the cart will not increase your top speed EXCEPT downhill. The magnet disables the regenerative braking feature so the cart will go faster downhill.

Bottom line: If you are running Code 4, and want more speed on level ground, you must do a controller/motor upgrade.
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car