lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #1
Culln5
Getting Wild

Default Before I buy these batteries...

Hey Guys,
Before I pay for those Exide batteries (they're on hold for me) and pick them up Friday I think I need a question answered.....

I've been experiencing a lack of power and short charging cycle since I had to tow a buddy's cart out of the woods (it put a hurting on my cart). Around the same time I upgraded my battery wires to 4GA. Now when I did that I bypassed the OBC by going around it.....

Enter the "Earth wire" post. I could'nt remember if it was a negative or positvie wire that went through the OBC but I put a quick post together with a bolt and used the negative battery, plugged the charger in and I believe the pack started charging normally. The meter read 56.something and lasted more than the 10 minutes I've been getting lately. I unplugged it and await responses....

Do I need these new batteries?

George
Culln5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Before I buy these batteries...

How old are your existing batteries? What is the pack voltage 12 hours after full charge? You might want to wait and see how your current pack works since you now have negative going through OBC. You can always buy new batteries later if you need them.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
Culln5
Getting Wild

The batteries are from 2010. I was unable to tell what the pack voltage was because they would only charge for about 10-15 minutes. I have since built a stud to go through the OBC and the cart is charging like a champ now! I'll see what the voltage is tomorrow and hopefully my $6 stud saves me $290.

George
Old 05-02-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
Culln5
Getting Wild

So I built a stud out of 5/16" threaded rod, a couple rubber washers, a few metal washers, and nuts with lock washers. She charged for sometime (shut down overnight) and when I checked this morning the digital meter read 48.5. I'll ride her tonight and see what she reads.

George
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car