lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Default Re: Rear springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
if springs are on top you get thickness of axle too .. we do it in the old yj jeeps
Yea, forgot to mention that
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
MIKESTREK
Getting Wild

Club Car

I just installed my heavy duty springs and it definitely gave it a lift. In fact, so much so I decided NOT to install a lift kit. I'm just going to install some 10" wheels and I'll be set.

This was my original post regarding my Heavy Duty spring installation.
MIKESTREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

HD springs gave my 95 about 2" of lift on the rear axle. That is all.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I really don't want to put a lift kit on. I have ordered the springs. I will measure and post results when they get here. I have about 11/2 inch clearance on level ground now when I drive onto trailer. I went to another course and parked in a field. The blocks snagged a little backing off the trailer. When I reloaded I drove at an angle and had no problem.
I will measure the distance from bumper to floor before and after.
Thanks fo the replies. If this does not work I will have to go with a 3 inch lift, that seems to be as small as you can go.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:45 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . aftermarket HD springs I installed on a 99 DS lifted the back end about 2-3" installing them under the axle . . . another easier way to gain clearance when loading on trailer is to put something under the trailer's ramp where it meets the ground to decrease the incline angle, ie, patio blocks, 2x4, 4x4 or whatever it takes . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #16
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with CTD. You won't get lift in the back end with hd springs alone unless if you currently have very weak springs! You can take your current springs to a spring shop and they can rearch the springs. that will give you some lift. You could also look at lengthening your shackle bars. That will help.
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #17
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

When the springs get here I will measure and post results. I could add a fold out extension to my trailer ramp, but I am lazy. I would have to fold it out then the onetime I didn't I would snagg and tear up something. I have crs.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I purchased some longer leaf spring shackles from Advance Auto to lift the CC DS up, so that I could clear my new tires, 22x11x8. That's the poor man's way to lift the cart up in the back. The tires were meant for an ATV, but work fine on stock 8" wheels. To get the extra height, I had to also go back to Advance and purchase a couple of shock extenders. All of the cost combined was still cheaper by far, than a new lift kit. I left the front as is because I like the funny car look of the raised back end. Cart runs faster too.

Not to change the subject, but I am also thinking of putting some skinny trailer tires on the front for that added dragster appearance to the funny car look.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #19
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I purchased some longer leaf spring shackles from Advance Auto to lift the CC DS up, so that I could clear my new tires, 22x11x8. That's the poor man's way to lift the cart up in the back. The tires were meant for an ATV, but work fine on stock 8" wheels. To get the extra height, I had to also go back to Advance and purchase a couple of shock extenders. All of the cost combined was still cheaper by far, than a new lift kit. I left the front as is because I like the funny car look of the raised back end. Cart runs faster too.

Not to change the subject, but I am also thinking of putting some skinny trailer tires on the front for that added dragster appearance to the funny car look.
I saw here somewhere that they got some skinny tires at wallmart in the trailer parts section! Check it out if you don't already have them!
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I say you get some lift with HD springs because otherwise why do the shocks need extensions to be hooked up?
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car