lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2020, 07:10 AM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Briggs Vanny 23 hp trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdo2 View Post
Do you guys have a boiler plate carb size jet size etc for the stock 23hp vanny?
This is exactly what I've been working on. I tried a BSR42 Mikuni carb from a 660 Grizzly atv and it was just too big. Way too much fuel. I had it jetted way down too.

I made a call to Backwater Performance, who does mud boat engines, they have a kit setup for the 23 Vanguard. It comes with a VM34 Mikuni and a special intake manifold that has split runners. Very nice piece. I decided to go with that kit. They jet the carb at #30 pilot and #180 main with the clip 2nd from the top on the needle. I am waiting for a larger pilot jet, but the main seems spot on.

https://backwaterperformance.com/col...vanguard-23-hp

You can buy their parts separately, which is what I did.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Slo You assumed that too big or small pertained to fuel and not air. If you are beyond the 1-2 turn range you either need a smaller or larger pilot jet which allows you be in range. The larger carbs need a bigger pilot jet to supply the air needed for the idle circuit.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Slo You assumed that too big or small pertained to fuel and not air. If you are beyond the 1-2 turn range you either need a smaller or larger pilot jet which allows you be in range. The larger carbs need a bigger pilot jet to supply the air needed for the idle circuit.
No I didn't assume, I simply asked you which side the screw is on because tuning is different for one vs the other. Just didn't want OP to get confused. No biggie. Also the specs from Mikuni for the VM is 1 to 3 turns is within spec. Just putting the info out there. I'm just in the middle of tuning one of these so the info is fresh lol And I agree with you about needing a different jet, just which one is the OP tuning, a "pilot air jet" or a "pilot fuel jet". Just trying to be helpful.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #14
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thanks you guys are the best!!!!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!