lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
gfox
Not Yet Wild

Default 04 TXT Electric rear axle noise

Cool forum, glad I found it.

I have an 04 TXT electric that makes a combination grinding to clicking or popping noise in the rear axle. I dropped the oil pan and inspected the differential and it look good. Nothing funny or unusual in the oil. I changed the oil to a synth 30 wt. I think the prob may be out on the tip of the axle in the bearing area but not 100% sure. Pulled the drivers side tire and brakes and drum, it all looked good. How do you get the bearing out?? It looked "ok" I guess once I removed the grease seal but I couldt really tell. There is more "moaning" and "grinding" going on in that area than Tigers Hotel room during US open week!
gfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO