lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
Motivology
Not Yet Wild

Arrow Need your help! Which two cart brand names are better made? Looking to convert to LI

Good morning all! First of all, I hope you guys are safe and healthy with the coronavirus happening around the US and the world. I apologize for the long post, but I figured 1 thread is better than multiple threads. Admin - if I am in the wrong spot, please move me. Thanks!

I need your help with advice/suggestions. My family has 4 carts - 2 are Club Car and other 2 are EZGO (see picture attached).

As of now, we cannot use all of them at full potential because of battery issues. Our goal is to convert two out of four carts to Lithium batteries, but we do not know which brand is better than the other, or which carts has better quality made parts (motor, brakes, etc.). Club Car or EZGO?

I have pulled the serial numbers from each golf carts and tried to look up which year they were made in - not getting much luck but I think I am doing it wrong.

I hope you guys can help me out so we can go ahead and get this project going. We are looking at Allied and Relion lithium batteries however we are open to other brand suggestions - just need high quality, reliable LI batteries and has great reviews. We are not battery expert enough to do DYI version with LEAF batteries.

Hope you guys can help me out - I would really appreciate any suggestions/advice. I have tried searching, but did not get the answers I'm looking for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200320_193543.jpg (207.9 KB, 0 views)
Motivology is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need your help! Which two cart brand names are better made? Looking to convert t

Looks like 2 Precedents and 2 RXVs. Correct?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #3
Motivology
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need your help! Which two cart brand names are better made? Looking to convert t

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Looks like 2 Precedents and 2 RXVs. Correct?
That is correct, I just do know the year they were made in nor which carts have better made/higher quality parts.

How can I find out the year? The serial number doesn't really help unless I am not using the right website to look it up. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Precedent serial should be in the right floorboard kick panel. First couple of numbers will have the last two digits of the year. Ezgo on the cross rail above the batteries. Date code will have the last two digits also.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:58 PM   #5
Motivology
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Precedent serial should be in the right floorboard kick panel. First couple of numbers will have the last two digits of the year. Ezgo on the cross rail above the batteries. Date code will have the last two digits also.
I have the serial numbers. I am sending you a PM.

Tags
batteries, battery, club car, ezgo, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium