lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2023, 02:04 PM   #1
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Which way do I go George... Found a Cart ??

out looking for a nice used Gas Cart, preferably Yamaha, but found a Yamaha and an EZ-GO that has my attention. What is your thoughts, opinion and feedback. plan to use it around yard, neighborhood, and for weekend events running stuff & people around (mainly stuff) 6+ hours.

1- 2005 Yamaha G22A, clean, pretty much stock, minus new wheels & tires (wide street style, but new) , windshield, and newer roof, rear fold seat ? runs drives, no issues. looks really well taken care of $4750

Yamaha is really nice but pretty much stock, Has reliable Yamaha 357cc engine, may want to do a small lift 3-4" ?MAYBE? new wheels & tires when they are due, maybe upgrade to extended roof for rear passengers, possibly put in 8:1 gears and some plowman stuff on Yamaha to pep it up and speed it up, maybe 25 ish. drive and enjoy as it, and upgrade over time as i can.

2- 1997 EZ-GO TX, big block kit w/ HF 760cc Predator Engine & comet 780 clutch, 4" lift?, off-road tires stock wheels, rear fold seat, radio & speakers, runs drives, no issues. is a key start, and not sure if has generator or not, did not see it but based on wiring and cables running to starter and nothing back to battery. $5150

EZ-GO has the lift 4", power plant, would need to validate generator or would have to plug it in every so often to charge it up. Dont think it has gears or if governor is bypassed, would need windshield, maybe upgrade to extended roof for rear passengers, needs some TLC and cleaning. clean it up and get it fully operational and charging, drive and enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2005 Yamaha Angle.jpg (194.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2005 Yamaha Engine.jpg (146.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1997 EZGO Angle.jpg (243.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1997 EZGO Engine .jpg (155.0 KB, 0 views)
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2023, 02:43 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Which way do I go George... Found a Cart ??

Personally, I would go with the Yamaha. Japanese Yamaha motor = forever. Chinese Predator motor = not forever.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 03:32 PM   #3
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Personally, I would go with the Yamaha. Japanese Yamaha motor = forever. Chinese Predator motor = not forever.
one reason why i prefer the Yamaha, great engine and has potential for more with plowmans ;) both carts have a good foundation to start with.
Old 06-21-2023, 06:56 PM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Yamaha G22 all the way. 3" lift and 22x10 tires...1 gas, 1 electric...

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:38 AM   #5
Scottabot
Not Yet Wild

Get the red one!

Both look super nice. Not sure there's a wrong answer here. I'd gravitate toward the Yamaha probably just because I'm more familiar with working on them at this point
Scottabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 11:07 AM   #6
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
Yamaha G22 all the way. 3" lift and 22x10 tires...1 gas, 1 electric...
thanks Dave, leaning towards the Yamaha

what do you like better all around the Gas or the Electric

i lean more to gas as it is maintained like one of my cars. fuel, oil, etc... going electric means battery maintenance :! and plugging it in (or remembering to)
Old 06-22-2023, 01:01 PM   #7
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I’d go with the Yamaha. I had an electric ClubCar and it was great once I converted it to lithium, but I prefer gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 03:07 PM   #8
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFan315 View Post
thanks Dave, leaning towards the Yamaha

what do you like better all around the Gas or the Electric

i lean more to gas as it is maintained like one of my cars. fuel, oil, etc... going electric means battery maintenance :! and plugging it in (or remembering to)
The wife's cart. Mine is the gas G11. After we rented an electric one when we were at the beach, she wanted one. She liked the quiet. So I built a double of her gas cart. It's gone now. The electric cart--on the right--is an '05. It came with a 300a Alltrax, and I added a Plowmans Riot motor. It's quite peppy.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 05:49 PM   #9
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
The wife's cart. Mine is the gas G11. After we rented an electric one when we were at the beach, she wanted one. She liked the quiet. So I built a double of her gas cart. It's gone now. The electric cart--on the right--is an '05. It came with a 300a Alltrax, and I added a Plowmans Riot motor. It's quite peppy.
best part is if you are happy and the wife is happy. then all is well

what you have is basically what i am looking to build. small lift, clean simple, reliable.
Old 06-23-2023, 01:44 PM   #10
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

just an update, just went out and picked up the Yamaha. got it for a Steal, less than asking price :) it belonged to a gentleman who used it at the campground. 90% original needs some TLC, but runs and drives. it fires right up when you tap the pedal. has aftermarket ignition/key. needs a new drive belt for certain, need to look at clutches. battery has a 12/20 date, Wheels came off a 2022 icon they had. rubber is brand new, still has the nibs on them. back seat wood is rotten (can literally poke your finger through) they had some lights wired up on it, so random wires were run up support post, glued across inside roof, all that was removed recently. Lights work, when you flick the switch. Roof has built in speakers, assume they are Bluetooth or something. Yamaha is molded in the back of the roof, not sure if it is original or replacement.
the adventure begins
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha