lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
4puttbogey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2000 DS starter/Generator speed: Can I slow it down for an easier start?

Hey all! I bought this cart used and I have no idea about its history, other than it came with a new batter and new fuel filters.

I have replaced the starter/generator belt and the drive belt as they were old and cracked, and the S/G belt was slipping.

Well, it is still slipping even if I tighten it pretty good. (I broke a new belt after a week or two of use)

The S/G appears to have only one speed when I press the accelerator. It doesn't ease into the start, and when it does start, the cart lurches forward and does not accelerate easily.

Here's an iphone video below. The belt is a little loose here as this is the new belt I just put on after breaking the last. I believe I need to tighten it, but it still will slip after a couple of starts.

https://imgur.com/a/AxxAamK?

There is about an inch of play in the gas pedal before the S/G starts to turn.

Is there a way I can adjust the speed of the S/G so it catches the belt better and pulls away smoother??

Thank you!
4puttbogey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car